1. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 16:571 edit
    Everybody’s favorite Bird’s Opening (f4) player is back with a new personal challenge.

The story: Every time the topic of the Bird arises, some booked-up know-it-all comes along and says, “The From Gambit”, as if the simple utterance of that 4-syllable phrase is in itself a refutation of the Might Bird. Well, I am here to prove that the Fearsome From Gambit is bupkis.

I am looking for:
    10 Games
    You rated: 1400+
    Time Controls: 3/7 (with the clan leagues starting and a busy work schedule, I will delete anything less, but longer time controls are acceptable)

I play white in all of them (obviously).

For those scratching their heads:
    The From Gambit:
    1. f4 e5
    2. fxe5 d6

So, if you think the Bird sucks, or that the From Gambit is some kind of mystical answer to 1. f4; then bring it on…

I have updated my Challenge Settings accordingly. First come, first defeated.

--tmetzler

Edit: I will probably post links to the games in this thread, so if you are afraid of public embarrassment, too bad.
  2. Standard memberOuermyhte
    Muffy rocks your God
    Stars
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 18:31
    i respect the bird, it always kills me, bt id like to try out the From so yeh im in
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 18:37
    Originally posted by Ouermyhte
    i respect the bird, it always kills me, bt id like to try out the From so yeh im in
    Very good,

And the first victim steps up to the plate: Game 1085608

--tmetzler
  4. Standard memberOuermyhte
    Muffy rocks your God
    Stars
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 18:372 edits
    first of the Froms, expect black to be minced in whirling death blades
    Game 1085608

*superfluous*
  5. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 19:02
    Originally posted by tmetzler
    Everybody’s favorite Bird’s Opening (f4) player is back with a new personal challenge.

The story: Every time the topic of the Bird arises, some booked-up know-it-all comes along and says, “The From Gambit”, as if the simple utterance of that 4-syllable phrase is in itself a refutation of the Might Bird. Well, I am here to prove that the Fearsome From G ...[text shortened]... y post links to the games in this thread, so if you are afraid of public embarrassment, too bad.
    Hi tim,I accepted the challenge............
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 19:05
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Hi tim,I accepted the challenge............
    My favorite whipping-boy. 🙂

Game 1085632

--tmetzler
  7. Standard memberOuermyhte
    Muffy rocks your God
    Stars
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 19:09
    is it forbidden for us to look at whats going on in the other From games so as not to make the same mistakes?
    also ravello, i hope u dnt have some kind of uber-cunning plan in our game, i wd b most upset 😉
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 19:11
    is it forbidden for us to look at whats going on in the other From games so as not to make the same mistakes?
    also ravello, i hope u dnt have some kind of uber-cunning plan in our game, i wd b most upset 😉
    Q: Since databases, books are acceptable here.. I'd say looking at other games would be ok... I'm not worried. 🙂

You do have to watch out for Ravello's uber-cunning plans...

--tmetzler
  9. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 19:13

nah,our game is gone for me,some moves and I'll resign.
  10. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 19:14
    This opening is for the birds.
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 19:202 edits
    Originally posted by tmetzler

The story: Every time the topic of the Bird arises, some booked-up know-it-all comes along and says, “The From Gambit”, as if the simple utterance o ...[text shortened]... his thread, so if you are afraid of public embarrassment, too bad.
    I'll play you Tim, seeing as I still owe you for that database.

[EDIT] I know nothing about either opening, but this seems like a good way to learn.

D
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 19:22
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I'll play you Tim, seeing as I still owe you for that database.

[EDIT] I know nothing about either opening, but this seems like a good way to learn.

D
    Step on up...

BuffaloBill also joined in: Game 1085659

--tmetzler
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 19:23
    The little woman demands some yard work be performed...

Keep on sending those challenges. I expect a handful of waiting games when I return...

--tmetzler
  14. Canberra, Australia
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 19:29
    I just couldn't help myself. Challenge sent.
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 19:41

Half way there with 5 games started....Get in now before all the available beat-down spots are taken..

ragnorak: Game 1085667
    dyl: Game 1085672

--tmetzler

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree