Notification of Tournament Creation

Notification of Tournament Creation

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
31 Oct 05

I always seem to check for newly created tournaments about a day too late. I enjoy the banded tournaments, but my rating group always seems to fill up the quickest, and I have missed the boat on the last several tournaments. It's frustrating. I missed out on the latest Halloween tournaments - both of my rating groups are full, while the others are nearly empty.

My Site Idea is to have a Site Setting that allows one to subscribe to automatic notification via PM whenever a new tournament is created.

Thank you for your consideration.
Dr. S

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
31 Oct 05

As a proof of concept, I was just notified via PM by an astute observer minutes after a registered person dropped out of the Halloween tournament, freeing up a space, which I immediately snatched up. If it were only always that easy.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
31 Oct 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
As a proof of concept, I was just notified via PM by an astute observer minutes after a registered person dropped out of the Halloween tournament, freeing up a space, which I immediately snatched up.
Just this once!

I had the luck too a few months ago, to spot the seat someone left just seconds earlier in a fully subscribed tournament. I believe I have yet to miss out on a banded tournament i was qualified for to enter. Just hit the Tournament icon twenty times a day and ignore the feeling of obsession...

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
31 Oct 05
1 edit

Oh, by the way, I just saw there is yet another seat left in Halloween 2005 Face Off Banded 1300-1499 B. Just one. Be quick if you want it...!

n
Average Guy

Chicago, IL

Moves
01 Nov 05

I give a hearty ME TOO on this one. The 1300's fill up in the blink of an eye.

Lee

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
01 Nov 05

I think the size of banded tournies should be dictated by the proportion of users on the site in that band.

I.e. Mid Banded tournies should be open to more players than top/bottom bands as proportionally there are more players in the mid bands.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
01 Nov 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
I always seem to check for newly created tournaments about a day too late. I enjoy the banded tournaments, but my rating group always seems to fill up the quickest, and I have missed the boat on the last several tournaments. It's frustrating. I missed out on the latest Halloween tournaments - both of my rating groups are full, while the others ar ...[text shortened]... ication via PM whenever a new tournament is created.

Thank you for your consideration.
Dr. S
The system can't handle loads of pms at once.

I have suggested a few times an optional news ticker on the My Games page, which could be customised as to what it contains on an individual basis. The only info that I feel (at the moment) should be broadcast on the news ticker are site announcements, opening of consultation votes, certain tournament info and possibly that it is your turn in a siege.

Two things that should be compulsory would be new Site Announcements and Opening of Consultation Votes.

Then, after that, each user could customise what they wished to see with regards to tournaments. I'd probably set it up so that it announced the creation of any banded tournament that I am eligible for, and longer time control tournaments. It could be quite easy to customise with tick boxes for tournament type (Banded, Free for All, etc) and timeout (0, 3, 7, etc) and timebank (3, 7, etc)

The system wouldn't have to send thousands of pms either. And the consultation votes would give a better representation of how the entire site feels.

I guess this suggestion will go ignored by users again, as it has on the past few occasions I've brought it up. 🙂

D

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
01 Nov 05

Originally posted by Ragnorak

I have suggested a few times an optional news ticker on the My Games page
Hell, even FW had a ticker! I dont' see why it can't be done here.