1. Standard memberJean Hebert
    1 e4 Draw!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '06 21:38
    I think I leave site now, I have maybe Chess Olympiad with Canada this year which make me busy.
    I thank all who give me great chess. Especially "sastorey" for his great win.
    My decision was made by my League games with RedMike a 1900 player who is outplaying me easily. Congratulations to him. I cannot doubt my chess strength with important matches this year.
    I learn reason why real names are not use, I should have listen to advise.
    Good Bye.
  2. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    07 Mar '06 22:12
    Originally posted by Jean Hebert
    I think I leave site now, I have maybe Chess Olympiad with Canada this year which make me busy.
    My decision was made by my League games with RedMike a 1900 player who is outplaying me easily. Congratulations to him. I cannot doubt my chess strength with important matches this year.
    Good Bye.
    😴🙄
  3. Standard memberTrains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '06 22:50
    Good Bye.
    Dr. Hebert.....You CANT leave me without a game!!!! :'( 😳 :'( 😳
  4. Joined
    20 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Mar '06 23:01
    This is a sad day for RHP

Maybe we can bend the rules and allow jean back with a new alias??
  5. Standard memberTrains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '06 23:06
    Originally posted by Tengu
    This is a sad day for RHP

Maybe we can bend the rules and allow jean back with a new alias??
    :'(
  6. Joined
    28 Feb '01
    Moves
    07 Mar '06 23:191 edit
    Good Bye.
    Hi Jean

Sorry to see you go.

Good luck
    Tryfon
  7. Joined
    20 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Mar '06 23:25
    I'm pretty sure that Jean said he was leaving because he was too busy and that the number of games he was taking on meant he couldn't perform at his best and as a result was losing games he normally would win.

He doesn't mention engine use at all in his post unless I'm missing something.

Instead of highlighting a poor tournament he might of had (haven't we all!!) perhaps you could wish him good luck for the future and thank him for the massive contribution he has made to this site?
  8. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    07 Mar '06 23:311 edit
    Originally posted by Tengu
    Instead of highlighting a poor tournament he might of had (haven't we all!!) perhaps you could wish him good luck for the future and thank him for the massive contribution he has made to this site?
    Looks like he has taken your advice and edited his post.

Edit: Oh yes, and good luck for the future Jean. 🙂
  9. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    08 Mar '06 00:20
    just for the record ....

suspected engine use should NOT be dealt with by posting in the forums.

suspected engine use should be dealt with by messaging a game moderator ... they will need time to investigate and respond.

there is a list found by SiteMap>Volunteers>GameModTeam.
  10. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    08 Mar '06 00:50
    Good Bye.
    Good luck. Drop by the Edmonton Chess Club if you can 🙂
  11. Standard memberJean Hebert
    1 e4 Draw!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '06 01:38
    I say nothing of engine. I have concern of mine chess confidence when I can not find advantage in 2 games vs play 600 point my junior at a time when I need chess strength.
    I believe that I must less the games I play at this time.
    I find it curious how many time I read about chess engine on this site.
    ICCF has no rule against using them. Curious as to why that is, except they welcome strongest play. Those who do use them are all close to same rating.
    I make it clear here. I accuse no one of anything in my post. Except myself for not playing well.
    Jean Hebert
  12. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '06 01:43
    Good Bye.
    I'm sorry to see you go. Good Luck to you in your new chess adventures. 🙂
  13. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    08 Mar '06 02:022 edits
    I say nothing of engine. I have concern of mine chess confidence when I can not find advantage in 2 games vs play 600 point my junior at a time when I need chess strength.
    I believe that I must less the games I play at this time.
    I find it curious how many time I read about chess engine on this site.
    ICCF has no rule against using them. Curious as t ...[text shortened]... here. I accuse no one of anything in my post. Except myself for not playing well.
    Jean Hebert
    Engine use is not allowed on this site. Accusations of engine use in the forums were forbidden a while ago to stop the vast number of accusations of cheating. Someone else seems to have posted something which was removed - I don't think your post constitues anything like an accusation. Redmike is a good player and I can't comment on your games with him as they are in progress, he will have known who you are and was probably trying harder than usual - so the 1,900 rating is effectively a 2,100 rating - also bear in mind that although we use the ELO system these ratings are relative to other players on RHP not to FIDE ratings - there is a large discrepency in individuals ratings between the different disciplines of Fide over the board and internet correspondence chess. What I've found is that some players who one should beat on rating can be very difficult and others who one should lose to are easy victims - something to do with playing style possibly.

The danger with this site is that we all end up with too many games, possibly you are suffering from that.

Anyway good luck with the Olympiad - we'll be following your progress.
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    08 Mar '06 02:45
    Originally posted by DeepThought

Anyway good luck with the Olympiad - we'll be following your progress.
    That's a great idea. Who is going to volunteer to keep thread going/updated with his results in the Olympiad?

Sorry to see you go Jean, come back any time.

--tmetzler
  15. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    08 Mar '06 08:181 edit
    Originally posted by tmetzler
    well said ...

and i repeat you ...

(and sorry for my confusion)

edit .. you have been playing very fast and very many games ... could you stay and just play a few long timelimit games slowly?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree