1. Perth West Australia
    Moves
    25 Mar '06 09:35
  2. Perth West Australia
    Moves
    25 Mar '06 09:39
    opps try again , is it possible to expand the clans to 25-30. with a lot of people within clans being busy with other commitments and therefore un availible its hard to get a good challange happening, i dont like turning people away , as the site gets more and more popular then maybe the clans should grow as well
  3. West Virginia
    Moves
    25 Mar '06 23:37
    There was a vote on that previously. 20 was the winner.
  4. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 01:03
    Originally posted by Drax946
    Doesn't mean he isn't right.
  5. Perth West Australia
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 02:04

what vote , i must of missed that one , but dont you think as the site gets bigger so should the clan , why start more clans when you can simply increase the existing ones ?
  6. Joined
    26 Mar '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 03:16
    Make it so u dont have to subsrcibe to be in a clan
  7. Perth West Australia
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 07:48
    Originally posted by bommer
    Make it so u dont have to subsrcibe to be in a clan
    i disagree , to be part of a clan is an incentive to become a subscriber
  8. Standard membergotti2000
    The winemaker
    Austria
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 09:05
    Originally posted by billwesthoff

what vote , i must of missed that one , but dont you think as the site gets bigger so should the clan , why start more clans when you can simply increase the existing ones ?
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/vote/result.php?voteid=4
  9. West Virginia
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 17:51
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Doesn't mean he isn't right.
    Merely stating a fact; it doesn't mean things haven't changed.

Granted there will be times everything will most likely be re-visited and re-evaluated with the same or a different outcome.

The Clan Size vote was over a year ago, Jan 2005. The question is does or should it require frequent re-evaluation or can it ride for a bit like it is. Instituting the Clan Size vote annually might be a good thing, but may be a big waste of time for Russ as well.

One solution would be to just have a maximum clan size of 50? Is that a good number? And let the leaders adjust the size down from there if they do not want that much of a handful. Several of the Clan pages would need to be modified to accommodate such a large group of members. There may also be database changes which would have to be put in place as well.
  10. Swansea
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 00:08

Granted there will be times everything will most likely be re-visited and re-evaluated with the same or a different outcome.

The Clan Size vote was over a year ago, Jan 2005. The question is does or should it require frequent re-evaluation or can it ride for a bit like it is. Instituting t ...[text shortened]... up of members. There may also be database changes which would have to be put in place as well.
    this is the best idea so far that I have read 🙂
  11. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 03:21

The Clan Size vote was over a year ago, Jan 2005. The question is does or should it require frequent re-evaluation or can it ride for a bit like it is. Instituting t ...[text shortened]... up of members. There may also be database changes which would have to be put in place as well.
    I agree, an annual vote (assuming it's turned down the previous year) would be nice. I don't know if a maximum of 50 would be the next step from where we are, but I believe an increase is needed, because like stated earlier in the thread, the population of the site is growing, while the clans are staying the same. I think a maximum of 30 or 35 would be a decent number, since given the number of clans already in existance, there would be much more room for members to join clans rather than possibly making their own since they can't join a clan they'd like to.

I think 30 would be a good place to start, not to many more than we already have, but giving more space for the ever growing population at RHP.
  12. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 07:29
    Now I see that alot ore clans that don't have it's maximun members (mine for one). If say 60% or more of the clans were at the max., then I could see the argument for larger clans, but I don't believe this is the case (I haven't done the math to check this out, just wanted to point out a quick observation). Would it be better though if we were to have those that have ties with the full clans but their own clans are struggling, recomend their "requested" members to the clans that need more.

Example. In Vino Veritas gets someone who wants to join their clan, but it is full. They could point that player to a different clan that isn't.
  13. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 08:19
    Well, I think that expanding the clans is a crap idea.

Here's why:

Total active clans on RHP: 230

Total active clans on RHP with 20 members: 25

Therefore the number of clans that could benefit from having more than 20 members is around 10%.

That's nice hopscotch, but it's not a good enough reason.

Ok.

Out of 230 clans there are 40 active clans with only ONE member. No way! If all 205 clans with less than 20 members were recruiting there would be... um... 2,528 free spaces for people to join clans.

TWO THOUSAND, FIVE HUNDRED AND TWENTY EIGHT FREE SPACES.

And I made this cool graph to illustrate my point:
    http://static.flickr.com/54/118659805_257c6492f9_o.jpg

Thank you and good night.
  14. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 08:431 edit
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Well, I think that expanding the clans is a crap idea.

Here's why:

Total active clans on RHP: 230

Total active clans on RHP with 20 members: 25

Therefore the number of clans that could benefit from having more than 20 members is around 10%.

That's nice hopscotch, but it's not a good enough reason.

Ok.

Out of 230 clans there are ...[text shortened]... y point:
    http://static.flickr.com/54/118659805_257c6492f9_o.jpg

Thank you and good night.
    That's why at the same time you introduce an expansion, you would also release an active clan policy where a clan would have to have at least 5 or so members, maybe even 10 before they could start sending out challenges. This would weave out the one man clans and the clans that only have low member numbers. This would also make the clans far more competitive, as the clans that would be able to send challenges would have to have a good number of members to play with.

Edit: Even if we don't expand the clans, I think we need to get rid of all the active 1 man clans. Either by ruthless personal messaging attack or straight up outright beatings. Or some other form of action.
  15. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 08:53
    I actually want to thank-you for taking the time on that one Hopscotch. Certainly helps my point out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree