1. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 13:04
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    That's why at the same time you introduce an expansion, you would also release an active clan policy where a clan would have to have at least 5 or so members, maybe even 10 before they could start sending out challenges. This would weave out the one man clans and the clans that only have low member numbers. This would also make the clans far more compet ...[text shortened]... less personal messaging attack or straight up outright beatings. Or some other form of action.
    Considering that clans can't be deleted what do you suggest for getting rid of one member clans?
  2. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 19:00
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Considering that clans can't be deleted what do you suggest for getting rid of one member clans?
    You can either shorten the inactivityu period so they could disapear from the tables quicker since they wouldn't be able to send out challenges unless they have more members. Or after a certain time, Russ or Chris can make dummy accounts to take over the clans if the player no longer wants to run the clan (I sent feedback about this a while ago and that's the answer I got).
  3. West Virginia
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 19:04
    Wow hopscotch! That's the answer to the question I had mentioned eariler! With the stats you calculated I believe we have a very great deal of time before this issue would need to be re-visited or re-evaluated.

Thank you for the work and the insight.

The "a challenge must consist of at least 'X' members" rule would help reduce the number of active 1 man clans. Would 3 or 4 be a good X here? Does this idea have any workability in helping push more clans to the fuller side of hopscotch's graph?

This would also mean if one clan member needed a few games you would have to wait before issuing a challenge to get a few more who also needed games or who were willing to play a few more. I believe most clans dislike 1 man challenges don't they? I could be quite wrong about that, but pose the question to see how wrong I am.
  4. Perth West Australia
    Moves
    28 Mar '06 13:482 edits
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Well, I think that expanding the clans is a crap idea.

Here's why:

Total active clans on RHP: 230

Total active clans on RHP with 20 members: 25

Therefore the number of clans that could benefit from having more than 20 members is around 10%.

That's nice hopscotch, but it's not a good enough reason.

Ok.

Out of 230 clans there are ...[text shortened]... y point:
    http://static.flickr.com/54/118659805_257c6492f9_o.jpg

Thank you and good night.
    i see your point hopscotch ,and i do like the idea of 30 as posted earliar, but its not just about expanding the clan , or joining another clan to fill spaces , its more about having 20 availible players to take up clan challanges and here within lies the problem , i suppose my frustration is when people approach me to join my clan i have to turn them away .

People lead busy enough lives already, exept for those who feel the need to make nice graphs to illustrate their point.;-) Clan members arnt always availible to be thrown numerous games without warning.

Of a clan of twenty im sometimes lucky to get 9-10 people availible to take up a challange

Maybe clan leaders could make an election of how many members it allows into its fold when starting up, with a option to be reviewed , say every 12 months for an increase , if justifiable .

I dont pretend to understand the logistics of what it would take make this happen, and god knows Russ has done so much already, but this is after all the ideas forum 😀

Now this might cause a stir... Maybe if clan leaders want more members in a clan then is it possibble they say pay an extra levy on their yearly subscription 🙂🙂

regards bill😉
  5. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    28 Mar '06 14:28
    Originally posted by billwesthoff
    People lead busy enough lives already, exept for those who feel the need to make nice graphs to illustrate their point.
    Thanks for the attempted jest there Bill, with my high school level mathematics skills it took me 3 minutes to compile those stats, I'm sure you must be amazed... and I did it out of personal interest, the fact that it illustrates my point is secondary.

Bottom line, there has to be a limit on the number of people in a clan. 20 is a good enough number for now. If someone ONLY wants to join a 20 member clan then the friggin' clan leader has to make a decision. I had to make a rough decision last month when I had 19 members and suddenly 2 people requested membership. That's part of the friggin' job, friggin' hell, don't be a wuss.
  6. Perth West Australia
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 14:14
    Originally posted by hopscotch

Bottom line, there has to be a limit on the number of people in a clan. 20 is a good enough number for now. If someone ONLY wants to join a 20 member clan then the friggin' clan leader has to make a decision. I had to make a rough decision last month when I had 19 members and suddenly 2 people requested membership. That's part of the friggin' job, friggin' hell, don't be a wuss.[/b]
    i suppose we must agree to disagree on the twenty issue , the more the merrier i say 😀 the decision is not a life or death one to make who is in and out but i still think larger numbers will mean less little clans and more viable larger ones . enough of that though , what do you think of the user pays option ? i be interested in any feedback !!🙂

regards bill
  7. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 22:20
    Originally posted by billwesthoff
    i suppose we must agree to disagree on the twenty issue , the more the merrier i say 😀 the decision is not a life or death one to make who is in and out but i still think larger numbers will mean less little clans and more viable larger ones . enough of that though , what do you think of the user pays option ? i be interested in any feedback !!🙂

regards bill
    I think that it could be taken advantage of in a very ugly way. A clan with wealthy members could invest in expanding, having a larger clan would put them at an unfair advantage over clans that are limited, they could play more challenges and earn more points, eventually the top few clans will be fighting each other with their wallets.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree