1. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 08:224 edits
    I have to admit that I've become somewhat a rec-capitalist. I collect recs and I love to see my wealth grow (possibly at the cost of others suffering). Whenever my rec-balance indicates a deposit has been made I run (click) over to the little feature called: "Stocken's public forum posts", and skim through it to see exactly which of my excellent posts has been payed for this time.

Now, the problem is that you people don't appreciate my posts nearly as much as you should, leaving me with one rec here and one rec there. Sometimes you're so slow in fact, that only days (days I'm telling you) after I've written a post do you pay for it in full. This is very troublesome for me, for I then have to skim though many pages of admittedly excellent writings to get to the one someone thought worthy of a rec.

Now, is this fair I ask you? Do you think it's ok to have respectable collectors like myself work this hard to keep our books straight?

Well, I should think not. So, Russ (and whomever else is behind the scenes) make sure we get a feature that says: "[Whomever]'s recommended public forum posts".

Now.

And remember people. You can sign this petition by giving me recs, and keeping this thread high on the list.

Also, while you're at it Russ, how about if I click a link to the thread containing one of my posts, I'm actually taken to the page where the post resides in all its glory?
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 08:531 edit
    Or how about issueing ten recs with just a single click. That would be nice.
  3. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 09:081 edit
    It's pretty easy to get to but, it could be easier I guess.

* My home-
    * My Profile-
    * Stockton's public forum posts-
    * Start counting-

Or you might want to ask Ouroboros by way of Developers Forum. He is the technological script writing Greece Monkey you know. 😵

P.s. Can I have a cookie too?😀
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 13:251 edit
    I reckon this is a good idea - it's easy to find ALL your own or someone elses posts but to find all your own rec'd posts is harder and time consuming.
    Therefore I agree.

We should also be able to see who did the reccing - but I s'pose that's asking too much. 🙁
  5. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 14:11
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    He is the technological script writing Greece Monkey you know. 😵
    I too, am a programmer, but this one can't be solved through clientside scripting. Would be neat if it could, though.

Actually, I could write like a small script that will traverse all the posts I've posted and list all the recommended ones. But that would consume way too much server resources, and I doubt Russ & co would be pleased about that. No, it's much better to get the rec'd posts directly when executing the SQL on the server.

Now, rec me damned! 😛
  6. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 16:05
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Cluster recs! 😉
  7. Home
    Moves
    30 Apr '06 02:14
    Originally posted by stocken
    Now, rec me damned! 😛
    Done, but what did I rec, you may never know.... 🙂
  8. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    30 Apr '06 03:21
    I too, am a programmer, but this one can't be solved through clientside scripting. Would be neat if it could, though.

Actually, I could write like a small script that will traverse all the posts I've posted and list all the recommended ones. But that would consume way too much server resources, and I doubt Russ & co would be pleased about that. No, it's m ...[text shortened]... get the rec'd posts directly when executing the SQL on the server.

Now, rec me damned! 😛
    I still don't see what programing has to do with being a Grease monkey.

Good Idea though use up all the resources you can and that way maybe you can get what you asked for... or get banned one. Hummm.

If the latter, you should rec me before you go.

And I wasn't going to ask But what do you have against squirrels that makes you want to execute them...did they steal your nuts?😵
  9. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    30 Apr '06 03:22
    Originally posted by Aiko
    That would be so open to abuse, it wouldn't be funny.
  10. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '06 07:521 edit
    I still don't see what programing has to do with being a Grease monkey.
    Grease monkeying is all about writing scripts that will allow the browser to act differently on a specific page than it otherwise would have (also known as client-side programming). However, requesting only the recommended posts from all posts I've posted, requires programming on the server-side (PHP and MySQL I'm guessing). You cannot affect the application directly on the server, or we could do just about anything we wanted (including hacking and cracking the core application itself).

And I'm not prepared to write a script that will slow this site to a halt everytime I request my recommended posts. It's slow enough as it is at times. I wouldn't want to give Russ & co more headache.
  11. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '06 07:54
    And I wasn't going to ask But what do you have against squirrels that makes you want to execute them...did they steal your nuts?😵
    I'm gonna take the guess that this is about another post I've written somewhere else, 'cause I can't see the connection with any of my posts here. Care to explain? I'm sure it's hilerious once I get it. 😉
  12. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    30 Apr '06 08:37
    I'm gonna take the guess that this is about another post I've written somewhere else, 'cause I can't see the connection with any of my posts here. Care to explain? I'm sure it's hilerious once I get it. 😉
    No, you will need to search for it like a squirrel.😛

Hint: executing the SQL on the server.

And if you try to make up some phony cover story and denigh it, I will cover my eyes and ears... you...you... cruel person.😉
  13. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '06 08:55
    Hint: executing the SQL on the server.
    LOL Good one. I read it as es que el, so I never made the connection. 🙂
  14. The sky
    Moves
    13 May '06 23:36
    I have to admit that I've become somewhat a rec-capitalist. I collect recs and I love to see my wealth grow (possibly at the cost of others suffering). Whenever my rec-balance indicates a deposit has been made I run (click) over to the little feature called: "Stocken's public forum posts", and skim through it to see exactly which of my excellent posts has be ...[text shortened]... my posts, I'm actually taken to the page where the post resides in all its glory?
    Okay, okay, I'll give you a wreckommendation for that. It would be nice to have a list of your own wreckommended posts.

Speaking of lists of wreckommended posts, what on earth happened to the "wreckommended posts of the week" list? Will it ever be back?
  15. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 May '06 06:07
    IMO the only thing recs are a rating for is how much someone needs to get away from their computer more.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree