1. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    19 May '06 07:171 edit
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    IMO the only thing recs are a rating for is how much someone needs to get away from their computer more.
    I guess I'm in trouble then.

EDIT: At least I'm not posting while on my Indian holiday.
  2. Standard membermalinga
    That would be me
    Behind the couch
    Moves
    19 May '06 09:22
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    IMO the only thing recs are a rating for is how much someone needs to get away from their computer more.
    Couldn't agree more.

The idea of rec'ing a worthy post and/or thread makes sense. I get that. It helps to find the 'best' new posts and threads.

But the idea of cumulative rec's against your forum profile is arse. I say all rec's for everyone put at zero 1st of every month.
  3. The sky
    Moves
    21 May '06 19:26
    Originally posted by malinga
    Couldn't agree more.

The idea of rec'ing a worthy post and/or thread makes sense. I get that. It helps to find the 'best' new posts and threads.

But the idea of cumulative rec's against your forum profile is arse. I say all rec's for everyone put at zero 1st of every month.
    The point, at least for me, would be that you could see more easily which of your posts got recommended. It's not very important, but I find it interesting to know which of my posts people found worthy of a recommendation. I wouldn't mind if the list would only show the recommendations of the last 30 days or so. And the rec number shown together with the user name in the forums should be dropped in my opinion.

First of all I'd like to get back the list of recommended posts of the week, though.
  4. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    21 May '06 23:011 edit
    what's a rec? 😞😛
  5. The sky
    Moves
    23 May '06 19:25
    Well, I guess Russ didn't like the idea, as it's now not even possible to find your wrecks in your list of posts anymore. 😕
  6. Earth Prime
    Moves
    24 May '06 00:311 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Well, I guess Russ didn't like the idea, as it's now not even possible to find your wrecks in your list of posts anymore. 😕
    Woah. What's goin on eh?

edit: i knew something was different.. "Was that number of threads always there?" This seems to be a side-effect of Russ removing the '0 reccomendations' from private forum posts.
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 May '06 01:211 edit
    Originally posted by malinga
    ..But the idea of cumulative rec's against your forum profile is arse. I say all rec's for everyone put at zero 1st of every month.
    Good idea.
    The trouble with completely removing the cumulative number is that you would not know if and when a post had been recommended without searching.

edit; if you can even find it that way now!
  8. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    25 May '06 12:231 edit
    I'm telling you people! * Looking left * There are sinister forces at play here. * Looking right * Out to get me! ME! If I hadn't suggested this, the recs might still have been there. Sorry folks. 😞

Or, what coco said. 😕
  9. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    25 May '06 17:55
    Originally posted by stocken
    I'm telling you people! * Looking left * There are sinister forces at play here. * Looking right * Out to get me! ME!
    You're Looking Sideways material...
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 May '06 09:59
    Originally posted by stocken
    I'm telling you people! * Looking left * There are sinister forces at play here. * Looking right * Out to get me! ME! If I hadn't suggested this, the recs might still have been there. Sorry folks. 😞

Or, what coco said. 😕
    Just a bug, it will be back 🙂

-Russ
  11. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    28 May '06 11:46
    It's my opinion that Russel has grown jealous of those who have more than him.
  12. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    29 May '06 22:31
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    It's my opinion that Russel has grown jealous of those who have more than him.
    i think its pretty much tells the sad story of your life that you actually have more recs than moves

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree