1. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 14:15
    fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs?

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
  2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 14:19
    Originally posted by Peachy

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in t ...[text shortened]... istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
    As I noted when RB Hill posted this, all the letters are there, and there are no extras. Most poor spellers use the wrong letters. Bad typists mess up the sequence.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 14:20

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in t ...[text shortened]... istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
    resist.........argh!
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 14:24

I can read it quite well not quite as fast as normal but I still can. Why do these threads come up about one every couple of months?
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 14:28
    Tihs is soooooo lsat cetnury....
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 14:29
    What's that... 7 times now?

P-
  7. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 14:57
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    What's that... 7 times now?

P-
    yea, i got ripped for it when I was #6 like 2 weeks ago. such nice people you were when you told me that :'(
  8. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 14:59
    I was able to read it at normal speed also. Crazy man!🙄

Must have missed the other threads on this topic.
    Thanks for posting it again Peachy.
  9. The sky
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 15:06

The first line doesn't follow the rules: "the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae"

Also, "rscheearch" has a "ch" too much, unless it means something different than I think.

It also doesn't work well for long words. For example, "Cmabridge" is quite readable, but how would you do with something like "Cgrbdmaie"?
  10. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 15:57

Where's Bowmann when we really need him?
  11. Forgotten
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 16:00
    Originally posted by monster truck
    Crazy man!🙄
    No.Crazy is a girl. 😕
    http://www.uchess.com/viewprofile.php?userid=84
  12. At Diamond Joe's
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 16:03
    I find this thread as interesting as watching paint dry.
  13. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 16:05
    Originally posted by aspviper666
    No.Crazy is a girl. 😕
    http://www.uchess.com/viewprofile.php?userid=84
    That's a real stretch.😞
  14. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    Originally posted by MaxWax
    You sad, sad man.

Watching paint dry is quite boring.
    Try watching grass grow.
  15. The sky
    Moves
    Originally posted by MaxWax
    I find this information even less interesting than watching paint dry.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree