1. Netherlands
    Moves
    27 Aug '06 16:03
    Would it be an idea to create an option to make optional moves on forehand,.and make them final if a certain move is realy played by opponent ?
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '06 16:50
    Originally posted by Doubleton
    Would it be an idea to create an option to make optional moves on forehand,.and make them final if a certain move is realy played by opponent ?
    You mean 'conditional moves'?
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '06 17:37
    Provisional moves would be a excellent idea!

Like "I play Qd1-Qd8# provisionally until you realize that you can take the queen by Kxd8 in that case I change my move to a more modest a2-a3. But If you don't see that you actually can take my queen, I let the move be permanent."

I like the idea of provisional moves.
  4. Netherlands
    Moves
    27 Aug '06 17:46
    Sorry it had to be conditional moves....
  5. Eternity
    Moves
    27 Aug '06 19:08
    Originally posted by Doubleton
    i think conditional moves would be a very good idea - a real timesaver - ga-goh!
  6. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Moves
    29 Aug '06 00:57
    Originally posted by God
    i think conditional moves would be a very good idea - a real timesaver - ga-goh!
    Why not just play a bot and use a bot to play for you and stop by from time to time to make sure they are still playing.
  7. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    29 Aug '06 03:44
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Provisional moves would be a excellent idea!

Like "I play Qd1-Qd8# provisionally until you realize that you can take the queen by Kxd8 in that case I change my move to a more modest a2-a3. But If you don't see that you actually can take my queen, I let the move be permanent."

I like the idea of provisional moves.
    Surely that's what unrated games are for?

(Gee, this player's smarter than me. I really didn't expect the stupid dork to take my queen...)
  8. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '06 16:232 edits
    Originally posted by IM14u2NV
    Why not just play a bot and use a bot to play for you and stop by from time to time to make sure they are still playing.

Because then the bot will do the thinking for you?
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Aug '06 16:331 edit

This is coming.

-Russ
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '06 21:33
    Originally posted by Russ

This is coming.

-Russ
    I can't wait...😵
  11. St. Louis RAMS!!!!
    Moves
    29 Aug '06 22:23
    unrated games only.... you could act like you saw a bad move at any time and change your move if once your opponenet capitalizes
    I don't follow - wouldn't these open a door to cheating if in rated games? 😲
  12. Eternity
    Moves
    30 Aug '06 08:572 edits
    Originally posted by mattwyrick
    unrated games only.... you could act like you saw a bad move at any time and change your move if once your opponenet capitalizes
    I don't follow - wouldn't these open a door to cheating if in rated games? 😲
    say you are opening with e4 - there are several possible common variations on that opening - you may already know what move you will make depending on which variation the opponent chooses - gi-gah!

you tell the program which move you would make if the opponent respond with e5 and what move you would make if the opponent respond with Nd6 and so on - so that when your turn comes, and if the opponent has responded with one of your forseen moves, the program will make the move for you right away - ga-goh!
  13. Joined
    25 Nov '01
    Moves
    06 Sep '06 16:52
    So what about conditional moves Russ? I know at least three corr chess sites with this feature (not going to advertise them here) and it works great, saves a lot of time, we are waiting!
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    06 Sep '06 17:13
    Originally posted by IM14u2NV
    This has been done before....
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    06 Sep '06 18:10
    Originally posted by jedrek13
    So what about conditional moves Russ? I know at least three corr chess sites with this feature (not going to advertise them here) and it works great, saves a lot of time, we are waiting!
    7 days since Russ said they were coming? You don't know how things work around here, do you?

People ask for things, Russ replies that they are on his to-do list, loads of different new things get released, people bump their threads, 6 months later the new feature arrives.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree