And so it begins (Ashes cricket)

And so it begins (Ashes cricket)

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
10 Nov 06

http://home.skysports.com/matchreport.aspx?fxid=296329&cpid=486&channel=cricket

V
Thinking...

Odersfelt

Moves
10 Nov 06

The convicts are already falling into a false sense of security...

I knew Fletcher had picked Mahmood for a reason!

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
10 Nov 06

Jeez - put it in the sports forum you guys... 😞

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
10 Nov 06

Originally posted by rhb
Jeez - put it in the sports forum you guys... 😞
Wow! 😲 It moved!

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
11 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by dan182
http://home.skysports.com/matchreport.aspx?fxid=296329&cpid=486&channel=cricket
I made it out to the game. Despite receiving the worst sunburn I've had for years, it was a good day. The English were hopeless. I know they're not regarded as a terrific one day side, but they're really going to have to lift in a few weeks time.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
12 Nov 06

Originally posted by dyl
I made it out to the game. Despite receiving the worst sunburn I've had for years, it was a good day. The English were hopeless. I know they're not regarded as a terrific one day side, but they're really going to have to lift in a few weeks time.
They can't. You're (perhaps) forgetting the Rain won the Ashes last time around. The glory has been spun so much that we're headed for a massive fall. I'm predicting 4-0 Aussies at best, if not 5-0.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
12 Nov 06

Originally posted by rhb
They can't. You're (perhaps) forgetting the Rain won the Ashes last time around. The glory has been spun so much that we're headed for a massive fall. I'm predicting 4-0 Aussies at best, if not 5-0.
You English are always so pessimistic! I can't see Australia losing, but I do believe your lot will give us a decent game. We're going to lose at least one test (perhaps the first).

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
12 Nov 06

Originally posted by dyl
You English are always so pessimistic! I can't see Australia losing, but I do believe your lot will give us a decent game. We're going to lose at least one test (perhaps the first).
Not the first. Maybe the last, or the 4th if it is 3-0 already.

I

Moves
12 Nov 06
1 edit

Well we haven't got any better yet.

NSW 125-1 at lunch. Hoggard, Harmison and Anderson all going for 5 an over.

m

Moves
12 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by rhb
That's rubbish. The most rain affected game was Old Trafford, where it rescued the Aussies.

Even back when Australia were stuffing England every time in the early 90s they never beat us 5-0. Something like 3-1 is far more likely.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
16 Dec 06
1 edit

Originally posted by rhb
The glory has been spun so much that we're headed for a massive fall. I'm predicting 4-0 Aussies at best, if not 5-0.
Looks like you were right so far rhb - you really know your cricket.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
28 Dec 06

Originally posted by rhb
Originally posted by rhb
The glory has been spun so much that we're headed for a massive fall. I'm predicting 4-0 Aussies at best, if not 5-0.
Told you!