Moves
    27 Jan '07 13:54
    Interesting read

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=3633
  2. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 13:58
    Very strange like the major who coughed his way to a million pound prize. However why not approach the arbiters with these claims rather than making allegations in the press?
  3. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 14:02
    Sounds completely fantastic.
  4. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 14:17
    Reminds me of Karpov v Korchnoi and allegation of cheating via yogurt!
  5. Joined
    26 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 14:39
    There sure has been a lot of talk of cheating in the chess world as of late.

Sad.🙁
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 15:11
    Originally posted by Teshuvah
    There sure has been a lot of talk of cheating in the chess world as of late.

Sad.🙁
    Sad indeed, but Danailov's emphasis on Kramnik's toilet certainly raises suspicions. The man obviously has spent a lot of time working out how a player might cheat in top level events.
  7. Joined
    26 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 15:19
    Quite true.

So does anyone actually believe there is cheating going on in the upper level events?

I've always been of the opinion that where there is smoke, there is fire. And there certainly has been a lot of smoke regarding this issue recently.
  8. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 15:59
    Practically speaking, if there's an audience that the players can see, it would be easy to signal a move. All an audience member would need would be access to communication with a computer or via a cell phone with someone on the outside with a computer. As no one will be monitoring the audience,they could do anything they want--go to the bathroom, step outside, or get info from an earphone. The remaining problem would be to get the move to the player. That's easy. All you need is a set of signals to indicate the to and from square, very simple. Magicians and mentalists (the fake ones) have been doing it for years and years. You can find it in any amateur magic book. More and more they are catching people getting moves over the board illegally. It's getting just as easy as it would be on rhp for someone to use a computer. I'm not saying that Kramnik or anyone else is doing it, i'm just saying tournament and match organizers are pretty naive about the possibilities and better wise up.
  9. Joined
    12 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 16:02
    I think with the large sums of money involved alot of people would be tempted to cheat. I mean just look at IBM with the deep blue matches, their stock price went through the roof after beating Kasparov in rather suspect circumstances.
  10. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 16:03
    Why couldn't the signaller wear an ear piece to prevent all the dashing around.
  11. 1. e4!!
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 16:13
    With all the advances in technology where they are putting things into peoples heads to control artificial limbs, what are they going to do about the person who gets a computer jacked into his head?
  12. Joined
    03 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 16:49
    Cheating or not, he sure gives a pretty good post game analysis 🙂

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FxCcDEOtzdg
  13. Joined
    17 Dec '04
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 20:11
    Originally posted by deeploser
    With all the advances in technology where they are putting things into peoples heads to control artificial limbs, what are they going to do about the person who gets a computer jacked into his head?
    If I had a computer in my head, chess is the last thing I would try to make money with.
  14. Joined
    29 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 21:28
    Originally posted by Audacious
    Interesting read

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=3633
    It's ridiculous. Just get rid of all the cell phones/electronics/radios, etc. (oh and private bathrooms).

Cheating or not, these claims (even false ones) are hurting everyone.
  15. Joined
    26 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 21:49
    I hope we don't see any odd behavior from Topalovs manager as Rad spanks him tomorrow.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree