1. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 17:37
    Originally posted by zintieriv

if doctors implant microprocessors to hear again ( cochlear implants ) in the temporal bone ... the technology to implant a computer seems likely ... but how this computer could tell you what you should do ( playing chess, or blackjack for example ) ???
    It's decades away from being possible; a pentium 4 needs something like 20 watts to run, and it also needs memory, so you're going to have to remove quite a lot of tissue for the components and whatever you are going to power it with; also the thermal properties of these things are such that the player is going to need to not mind their real brains being cooked...
  2. Jerusalem
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 11:462 edits
    Let's see. This one from Topalov's game against Svidler. Topalov (black) to move. Engines recommended ...Nb6 and he also did it. From my point of view he did strange (human) move... But, i'm not so good player. What do u say about this?
    1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 Nf6 5. Nc3 a6 6. Be3 e5 7. Nb3 Be6 8.Qd2 Nbd7 9. O-O-O Be7 10. f3 h5 11. Kb1 Qc7 12. Bd3 b5 13. Bg5
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 16:19
    Originally posted by Teshuvah
    I hope we don't see any odd behavior from Topalovs manager as Rad spanks him tomorrow.
    Well... he didn't. It was a draw, and for all a complete kibitzer like me can tell, not a particularly interesting one. Cowards or collusion? In any case, that disappoints me more than that Toppy's manager gets what he gives.

Richard
  4. Maryland, US
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 18:04
    Here's the response on Topalov's site:

http://www.veselintopalov.net/article/media-attacks-continue
  5. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 18:07
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    Also, tennis is much more interesting and challenging game ....
    Chess is just as interesting as tennis. If some of the tournaments/events were on TV/News you bet that it would be just as popular. However this sort of image (by the various chess scandals/accusations) does not improve Chess's profile.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree