1. Fågelsången
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 15:16
    It would be neat to be able to deliver conditional moves. IF king e8 THEN ....
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 15:54
    Originally posted by sydsad
    It would be neat to be able to deliver conditional moves. IF king e8 THEN ....
    Would be a deligth!

And recursive ones too, like "If Ke8 then (Qa8+, if Ke7 then Qa7+))"
    And multipel choices too, like: "If Ke8 then Qa8+, or if Kf8 then Qg7+"

But a conditional move in one step would be nice enough.
  3. Fågelsången
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 16:59
    Agreed!

I Thought it might be a nice idea to start with a simple structure for conditional moves and see if people wants more....
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 17:25
    This is on the "to do" list, I understand from previous discussions.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 17:40
    Originally posted by sydsad
    Agreed!

I Thought it might be a nice idea to start with a simple structure for conditional moves and see if people wants more....
    I think this is on the members hot want list. Only one level of conditional notes would be a good start.

And I'm happy to know that Russ has it on his hot to-do list.
  6. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 05:40
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I think this is on the members hot want list. Only one level of conditional notes would be a good start.

And I'm happy to know that Russ has it on his hot to-do list.
    Only 1 level?

You mean it could be possible to finish the game without ever seeing the board?

Hey, new feature for the poor Non-subs: Virtual games. Just imagine your opponents moves, and play as many games as you want. Win all your games!

(Non-rated games only...)
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 06:44
    Originally posted by c99ux
    Only 1 level?

You mean it could be possible to finish the game without ever seeing the board?

Hey, new feature for the poor Non-subs: Virtual games. Just imagine your opponents moves, and play as many games as you want. Win all your games!

(Non-rated games only...)
    One-level means non-recursive, non-iterative.
    Thus not able to finish the game without seeing the board.

I think one-level is difficult enough to implement.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 12:00
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    This is on the "to do" list, I understand from previous discussions.
    This is indeed the next major RHP project in the pipeline.

-Russ
  9. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 14:471 edit
    Originally posted by Russ

-Russ
    Russ,

If this is implemented, would the moves be automatic and instant? I mean, if my opponent has moved and done a "What if..." thingy, then when I move, would my opponent's "if..." move be made and my timeout start reducing again, straight away?

In which case, I'd be against it, because then I'd have to make another move quickly (within the T/O), but my opponent wouldn't have to do anything. I think it would give some players an unfair advantage.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 16:02
    Russ,

If this is implemented, would the moves be automatic and instant? I mean, if my opponent has moved and done a "What if..." thingy, then when I move, would my opponent's "if..." move be made and my timeout start reducing again, straight away?

In which case, I'd be against it, because then I'd have to make another move quickly (within the T/O), but m ...[text shortened]... nt wouldn't have to do anything. I think it would give some players an unfair advantage.
    If I do a move within a minute of delay or if an automatic 'if - then' does it the same minute - it's almost the same. In both cases it progresses the games faster then before. It's optional to use, no one forses you to use it, so it is only a service to us.
  11. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 16:26
    If I do a move within a minute of delay or if an automatic 'if - then' does it the same minute - it's almost the same. In both cases it progresses the games faster then before. It's optional to use, no one forses you to use it, so it is only a service to us.
    It's optional... So I can avoid my opponent using it against me?
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 17:20
    It's optional... So I can avoid my opponent using it against me?
    If Russ puts a delay of 5 minutes of the automove, you can't tell the difference. So why is there a difference with one minute? Or none?

Does it feel better if Russ puts a 5 minutes delay of the automove? So you just can't tell? It's nothing such as there is a computer who finds the moves, anyway?

Perhaps it is the very idea that your move is previewed by your opponent, this doesn't feel good? I can understand this, I do too. But I like the idea that I don't have to wait days for an obvious move.
  13. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 17:52
    Does it feel better if Russ puts a 5 minutes delay of the automove? So you just can't tell? It's nothing such as there is a computer who finds the moves, anyway?
    One might be able to tell if you do not get a reply from a comment you have made to your opponent. The conditional move does not answer any comments you might receive. i can see this might cause unwillingly for some people to get stepped on their toes. So my advice would be to make it known by the system it was a conditional move, so the opponent knows.
  14. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 00:271 edit
    If the conditional system was used by your opponent it would just be the same as them moving immediately , which they are allowed to do anyway. Normally when we make a move we have an idea what they will reply with and also how we will continue - it just speeds things up.
    [I don't know if it will be compulsory to allow its use or not though]

And you wouldn't see their conditional move until you make yours, I assume.
  15. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 03:00
    Originally posted by Russ

-Russ
    Sounds cool.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree