1. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    05 May '07 19:17
    My two favourite characters Mickey Mouse and Charlie Chaplin. Can anyone guess why they are my two favourite chaps? What openings would they play were they to play chess?

here is Charlie Chaplin in action YouTube
  2. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 May '07 19:27
    Originally posted by z00t
    My two favourite characters Mickey Mouse and Charlie Chaplin. Can anyone guess why they are my two favourite chaps? What openings would they play were they to play chess?

here is Charlie Chaplin in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoKbDNY0Zwg
    I would guess both are your favorite chaps because of their non aggressive character. They would play the English for White and the French for Black.
  3. back in business
    Moves
    05 May '07 19:30
    bs. mickey mouse is very aggressive and offending character.
  4. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 May '07 19:31

Go back to your shed & admire your collection of keyboards from the golden era of manufacture c. 1984-87
  5. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 May '07 19:32
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    bs. mickey mouse is very aggressive and offending character.
    But you didn't answer z00t's question.
  6. Joined
    26 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 May '07 21:13

Is it that you like fools who started in the silent films? Like they both danced around like morons with just a piano backing them up in the old days (see Steamboat Willy for the MM version of this, and the dancing potatoes on forks for CC.)
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 May '07 21:271 edit
    ...charlie was born poor, became a communist..hated the usa and had (by rumour ) some severe sexual issues..the mouse (by rumor ) loved the bill of rights, was not a real person and only brought happiness to others....
  8. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 May '07 21:54
    My two favourite characters Mickey Mouse and Charlie Chaplin.

And this says probably a lot about you
    Can anyone guess why they are my two favourite chaps?

Yes., but not me.

What openings would they play were they to play chess?

I would say, that Charlie Chaplin (or the figure he impersonates) would play some opening which reflects his unconventinality, like the Grob or the Lattvian. He would give the impression of of not minding the result, but would perform quite good.

Mickey Mouse on the other hand is very well in everything he does, he is also a personality who needs movement and I presume the Sicilian would be his choice.
  9. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    06 May '07 18:00
    You know "Charlie Chaplin" was that funny before they came up with special effects. And he was no "big time charlie"
  10. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 May '07 18:40
    You know "Charlie Chaplin" was that funny before they came up with special effects. And he was no [b]"big time charlie"[/b]
    Your opening repertoire somehow reminds me of Deputy Dawg!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree