Who else is color blind?

Who else is color blind?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
12 Oct 07

http://colorvisiontesting.com/ishihara.htm

P-

SS

Moves
12 Oct 07
1 edit

SS

Moves
12 Oct 07
1 edit

N

The sky

Moves
12 Oct 07

The post that was quoted here has been removed
The first one is not a test plate, it's a demonstration plate that explains what you are expected to do.

A friend of my father is colour-blind. My father found it fascinating how many different grey tones his friend could distinguish. Where my father only saw a grey sky, his friend saw a very interesting sky with lots of different patterns.

The Don

Nihon

Moves
12 Oct 07

Famous Colour Blind People:

Mr. Rogers (from the television show), Uderzo (who colors the Asterix comics), Degas, Monet , Meryon (all painters), Paul Newman (an actor) and Emerson Moser (inventor of crayola crayons)

George Michael is also partially colour blind

SS

Moves
12 Oct 07
2 edits

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
12 Oct 07

I can see the first plate, none of the others. I'm also green weak.

I have noticed I see things others don't catch, but I never thought to attribute it to my colorblindness.

P-

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
12 Oct 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Nordlys
...Where my father only saw a grey sky, his friend saw a very interesting sky with lots of different patterns.
it was just the swinging sixties coming back to haunt him.

edit: saw all numbers clearly.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
12 Oct 07

Originally posted by Nordlys
The first one is not a test plate, it's a demonstration plate that explains what you are expected to do.

A friend of my father is colour-blind. My father found it fascinating how many different grey tones his friend could distinguish. Where my father only saw a grey sky, his friend saw a very interesting sky with lots of different patterns.
Some of the descriptions of the different types of color blindness make me think there may be people who would fail that first one. Not sure, but some of the descriptions go into detail about very limited color and brightness distinguishing.

P-

DD
Stealer of Souls

Waiting for You

Moves
12 Oct 07
2 edits

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Some of the descriptions of the different types of color blindness make me think there may be people who would fail that first one. Not sure, but some of the descriptions go into detail about very limited color and brightness distinguishing.

P-

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
12 Oct 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Dutch Defense

How did you paste light green text?

P-

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
12 Oct 07

In B&W photography, Red and Green appear as the same shade as Grey (a lens filter is used to make the two differ - e.g. if taking a photo of Red Tulips, or a Red Rose).

I've always wondered if those with R/G Colour blindness area actually looking at the world in B&W? As other colours are distinguishable as shades of grey - it may just be that their perception of "colour" is what others see as shades of grey (with colour as a brucey-bonus).

There's probably a scientific answer to disprove this, just a thought.

N

The sky

Moves
12 Oct 07

How did you paste light green text?

P-
Great way to get around the colour-blind mod(s)! Robomod must be colour-blind as well, or that post would never have got through! 😲

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
12 Oct 07

Originally posted by rhb
In B&W photography, Red and Green appear as the same shade as Grey (a lens filter is used to make the two differ - e.g. if taking a photo of Red Tulips, or a Red Rose).

I've always wondered if those with R/G Colour blindness area actually looking at the world in B&W? As other colours are distinguishable as shades of grey - it may just be that their perceptio ...[text shortened]... s a brucey-bonus).

There's probably a scientific answer to disprove this, just a thought.
Many people think anyone labeled as "colorblind" only sees black and white - like watching a black and white movie or television. This is a big misconception and not true. It is extremely rare to be totally color blind (monochromasy - complete absence of any color sensation). There are many different types and degrees of colorblindness - more correctly called color deficiencies.

http://colorvisiontesting.com/color2.htm

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
12 Oct 07

Many people think anyone labeled as "colorblind" only sees black and white - like watching a black and white movie or television. This is a big misconception and not true. It is extremely rare to be totally color blind (monochromasy - complete absence of any color sensation). There are many different types and degrees of colorblindness - more correctly called color deficiencies.

http://colorvisiontesting.com/color2.htm
Everyday is a school day - gold star, top of the class phlab!