rbmorris
Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
Clock
19 Jan 08
Vote Up
Vote Down

Are you obsessive/compulsive? Got any strange habits that might land you in an institution someday?

Please share your sickness. Together, we can work through this.

* I like all the hangers in my closet facing in the same direction.
* The tag on my comforter must be at the foot of the bed.
* I don't like having 13 games waiting.

N

The sky

Moves
Clock
19 Jan 08
Vote Up
Vote Down

Originally posted by rbmorris
Are you obsessive/compulsive? Got any strange habits that might land you in an institution someday?

You still use a comforter? 😲 And why does it have a tag?

rbmorris
Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
Clock
19 Jan 08
Vote Up
Vote Down

Originally posted by Nordlys
You still use a comforter? 😲 And why does it have a tag?
Yep, it's like a quilt, I guess (filled with goose feathers). Pretty common in the US. You don't use comforters?

P.S. I can't remove the tag, under penalty of law.

N

The sky

Moves
Clock
19 Jan 08
1 edit
Vote Up
Vote Down

Yep, it's like a quilt, I guess (filled with goose feathers). Pretty common in the US. You don't use comforters?

P.S. I can't remove the tag, under penalty of law.
Stupid American English. I understand a comforter to be what you call a pacifier in America, and they usually come without tags. 😉 If it's a duvet, blanket, bedspread or something like that, wouldn't anyone want the tag to be at the foot of the bed? Sounds crazy to have it the other way.

Edit: Having the hangers facing in the same direction sounds like common sense, too.

F

Moves
Clock
20 Jan 08
1 edit
Vote Up
Vote Down

Stupid American English. I understand a comforter to be what you call a pacifier in America, and they usually come without tags. 😉 If it's a duvet, blanket, bedspread or something like that, wouldn't anyone want the tag to be at the foot of the bed? Sounds crazy to have it the other way.

Edit: Having the hangers facing in the same direction sounds like common sense, too.
Yeah I don't think having the tag on a blanket facing the bottom of the bed can be classed as OCD type behavior. The tag might reasonably get in your face while you were trying to sleep and put you off. Same with coat-hangers, a lot easier to have them all facing the same way.

What would be interesting would be if you entered a house and had to check that the coat-hangers were the right way round.

Personally I have no OCD traits but I do find it odd that people open bags of crisps (chips to you Americans) from the 'top' so that the writing on them is the right way up while the bag is vertical. I mean, It's not as if you're going to read it again while you're eating them, and it's not any easier to open from the 'top'. Once you've picked them up, it makes no difference at all which end you open. And yet, can you remember the last time you saw someone open them from the 'bottom'?

N

The sky

Moves
Clock
20 Jan 08
Vote Up
Vote Down

Originally posted by Feastboy
Personally I have no OCD traits but I do find it odd that people open bags of crisps (chips to you Americans) from the 'top' so that the writing on them is the right way up while the bag is vertical. I mean, It's not as if you're going to read it again while you're eating them, and it's not any easier to open from the 'top'. Once you've picked them up, it ...[text shortened]... And yet, can you remember the last time you saw someone open them from the 'bottom'?
I hate it when people open a package the wrong way, or put cans, boxes or books upside down on the shelf! I always have a strong urge to correct this, for example in the supermarket. I don't always resist.

SJ247

Moves
Clock
20 Jan 08
Vote Up
Vote Down

All the straight lines in my life have to be as parallel/perpendicular to one another as humanly possible. I'm only at the eyeballing stage of this though, haven't ventured into the rulers, levels, and squares, yet.

SJ247

Moves
Clock
20 Jan 08
Vote Up
Vote Down

*You "like" but don't "need".
*With reason, the tag crinkles in your face otherwise.
*Superstitious is what you are.

Now, if you tell me you prefer the hanger opening to face outward, I'll think there's something foul about you.

W

Moves
Clock
20 Jan 08
Vote Up
Vote Down

i didn't know there was a right and wring way for coat hangers 😕

N

The sky

Moves
Clock
20 Jan 08
Vote Up
Vote Down

Originally posted by SJ247
Now, if you tell me you prefer the hanger opening to face outward, I'll think there's something foul about you.
Yes, a major reason why it makes sense to have them all facing the same way is that it's much easier to hang them up and take them out with the opening facing inward. If someone would insist on having them all face the impractical way, it would probably be a sign of OCD.

SJ247

Moves
Clock
20 Jan 08
Vote Up
Vote Down

Originally posted by WAITAMIN
i didn't know there was a right and wring way for coat hangers 😕
It's unnatural to hang a hanger by going under the rod, up, and around the back. It's just, well, wring.

rbmorris
Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
Clock
20 Jan 08
Vote Up
Vote Down

Oh, they absolutely have to be facing inward. The other way is just sick.

SJ247

Moves
Clock
20 Jan 08
Vote Up
Vote Down

If someone would insist on having them all face the impractical way, it would probably be a sign of OCD.
If that someone were in my life, I'd call them passive aggressive.

rbmorris
Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
Clock
20 Jan 08
Vote Up
Vote Down

*You "like" but don't "need".
*With reason, the tag crinkles in your face otherwise.
*Superstitious is what you are.

* I won't enter a building through the middle door.
* My chess set always has to be positioned with white facing the middle of the room.
* I will not listen to the car radio on any volume level that isn't a multiple of 5.
* I won't eat something round for lunch and round for dinner.

SJ247

Moves
Clock
20 Jan 08
Vote Up
Vote Down

* I won't enter a building through the middle door.
* My chess set always has to be positioned with white facing the middle of the room.
* I will not listen to the car radio on any volume level that isn't a multiple of 5.
* I won't eat something round for lunch and round for dinner.
LOL, more like it, so pancakes never venture into a lunch time, or you make them square?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.