1. Standard memberEnglish Tal
    Phoneless
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 16:51
    The thread that matters is now gone.

Read instead such topics in the Only Chess forum as 'what engine do you think is best?' 28/08 03.16 and 'Fruit/Toga II' 27/08 23.40
  2. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 17:01
    You certainly can't knock the efficiency of the forum moderation in this joint!
    😀
  3. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 17:02
    It's disappointing that the thread was removed, but obviously to be expected. I do hope that the people in charge take some sort of action or at least let us know what is being done. Burying their heads in the sand just won't do.
  4. Standard memberEnglish Tal
    Phoneless
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 17:06
    It was reported several weeks ago.... with no result whatsoever.
  5. Joined
    21 Sep '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 17:08
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    It's disappointing that the thread was removed, but obviously to be expected...
    I did not expect deletion, not at all.

Someone fill me in on what can lead to deletion. Obviously things like nastiness, accusations, commenting on games-in-progress. But there must be something else , since none of those things were present.
  6. Forum Moderator
    28 Feb '08 17:15
    Public accusations of users cheating will force a thread to vanish. Site feedback and patience are required.
  7. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 17:18
    Originally posted by Forum Moderator
    Public accusations of users cheating will force a thread to vanish. Site feedback and patience are required.
    How much patience? How long does it take from accusation (with evidence) to a decision being made?
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 17:24
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    How much patience? How long does it take from accusation (with evidence) to a decision being made?
    An honest answer would be "too long". I will send some more feedback on the subject, Russ has some thinking to do.

P-
  9. Joined
    21 Sep '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 17:28
    Originally posted by Forum Moderator
    Ah ok. This must've happened after I last looked at the thread.

And thanks for answering my question - serious suspicions of unethical conduct should now be sent via "Send Feedback" at the bottom of the page.

I see that these messages can be categorized. Should suspicions of computer use be categorized as "Abuse" or "Game Moderation"?

Another general point - these kinds of accusations shouldn't be made casually. For the genuinely strongest players, it can take several years for their RHP rating to "settle". Before that happens they will appear to be over-performing.
  10. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 17:341 edit
    Originally posted by DawgHaus
    Another general point - these kinds of accusations shouldn't be made casually. For the genuinely strongest players, it can take several years for their RHP rating to "settle". Before that happens they will appear to be over-performing.
    I think the accusations only come when someone's games have been run through Fritz or whatever, i.e. the player's moves match Fritz's first choice too often to be coincidental.

A high rating or "engine-like play" merely causes someone to fall under suspicion.
  11. lookin for a way out
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 17:38
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    An honest answer would be "too long". I will send some more feedback on the subject, Russ has some thinking to do.

P-
    I do hope that preferential treatment is not being considered. A cheat is a cheat and the result should be the same for all. 🙂
  12. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 17:54
    Originally posted by Pawn Qween
    I do hope that preferential treatment is not being considered. A cheat is a cheat and the result should be the same for all. 🙂
    I am confident that it would not matter who somebody was or what popularity a person under suspicion would have, if someone cheated and then got away with it, the site would be in uproar, admin/mods are not daft people and wouldnt protect a guilty but well liked member regardless..... or at least I would like to think thats the case.
  13. lookin for a way out
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 18:001 edit
    Originally posted by Pigface1
    ..... or at least I would like to think thats the case.[/b]
    Me too 🙂
  14. The sky
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 18:04
    Originally posted by DawgHaus
    Another general point - these kinds of accusations shouldn't be made casually.
    In this case, it certainly wasn't.
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 18:10
    Originally posted by Pawn Qween
    I erased threads about any number of people you might find on the removed list, it's RHP that needs to put them there. The moderation was not treated any different than any other accusation in the forums.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree