1. North Carolina
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 15:30
    For some time now, whenever I click on the red toolbar for My Home, My settings... I get a message stating I am forbidden to access these on this browser.

I don't understand. Can someone please help me?

Thanks,
    Big Gil
  2. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    24 Jun '08 05:22
    I'm surprised no one has tried to help you with this yet.

I'm no expert, but I'm sure that the next questions an expert would ask would be: What is the name and version of the browser you are using? Do you have an alternative browser that you can try?

If you don't get effective help through this forum, try the "Send Feedback" link at the bottom of the page.
  3. North Carolina
    Moves
    24 Jun '08 15:23
    I made a mistake. It says Forbidden. you are denied access on this server, not browser. Sorry. Today, it isn't giving me the message, it just won't let me access them, the dropdown box disappears.

Thanks
  4. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    24 Jun '08 15:32
    Originally posted by Big gil
    For some time now, whenever I click on the red toolbar for My Home, My settings... I get a message stating I am forbidden to access these on this browser.

Thanks,
    Big Gil
    Before sending feedback you may want to try deleting your cookies, as that is a common remedy to many errors on the site. This will clear saved passwords so if you are possibly logged into one of the RHP sister sites it will log you out and hopefully correct the problem.

For Firefox: Hold Ctrl+Shift+Del, select cookies

For Internet Explorer: Select Tools from the menu bar, select Internet Options on the bottom of that list, on the general tab you'll see Browsing History, click delete, then select cookies.

Hope this helps,
    Drew
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    24 Jun '08 16:04
    I made a mistake. It says Forbidden. you are denied access on this server, not browser. Sorry. Today, it isn't giving me the message, it just won't let me access them, the dropdown box disappears.

Thanks
    Still helps to know what browser you use, regardless of the message.

P-
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Jun '08 21:31
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Still helps to know what browser you use, regardless of the message.

P-
    This gets reported from time to time, and I established recently with one person that the problem only occurred with IE. (And not Firefox)

If you can confirm this too, I will take another look what the potential causes are (I cannot duplicate it).

-Russ
  7. North Carolina
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 00:18
    Thanks to everyone for the support.
    I deleted the temp cookies. No help, sorry.

I use IE and Vista.

The actual message is, "Forbidden You don't have permission to access/mygames/on this server."
    That phrase is underlined then in italics it says,"Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at www.redhotpawn.com Port 80"

?????
    Big Gil
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 05:18

I use IE and Vista.

The actual message is, "Forbidden You don't have permission to access/mygames/on this server."
    That phrase is underlined then in italics it says,"Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at www.redhotpawn.com Port 80"

?????
    Big Gil
    Has it something to do with your fire wall? Only a guess out of the blue...
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 13:091 edit

I use IE and Vista.

?????
    Big Gil
    Under help (in IE) there should be a place telling you what version of IE you have, this may also help. Do you keep it updated?

P-
  10. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 20:54

I use IE and Vista.

?????
    Big Gil
    This type of message normally is produced by the web-server when a request is made for a URL that you're not allowed (not logged in for instance). Now, if the rest of the site works and you don't get the problem in Firefox it could be some addin or plugin that's mangling the URL going to the server. (trailing slashes or their absence can be problematic)
    Do you have a yahoo or google toolbar or any other "extra" like a web accelerator of some kind?
    Might be worth un-installing such things or disabling them temporarily to see if that gets a fix.
  11. North Carolina
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 23:47
    I have IE 7. I didn't know I could update it, but I browsed for awhile and saw no updating options.

The rest of the sight works perfectly, and I can get to alot of things because the little black house on the left works. That's how I get to Forums.
  12. North Carolina
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 23:49
    I have no extra toolbars enabled. For the first year, there was never a problem.

thanks,
    Big Gil
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '04
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 19:01
    In my case (Vista/IE7) disabling the McAfee Phishing filter helped...
  14. Joined
    13 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 15:53

Thanks,
    Big Gil
    Yeah I've got the exact same problem, Can't access anything on the red toolbar-My Home, My settings. New Game, Forums, Community and Help. I'm hoping it's a glich that will sort itself out but it's been a few days now, I've done all the things suggested earlier but no joy
  15. Joined
    13 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 19:29
    Originally posted by ManualEngine
    Yeah I've got the exact same problem, Can't access anything on the red toolbar-My Home, My settings. New Game, Forums, Community and Help. I'm hoping it's a glich that will sort itself out but it's been a few days now, I've done all the things suggested earlier but no joy
    Still can't access anything on red toolbar but i've noticed the message says redHAT and not redHOT. Could this be something to do with it ? This is on IE but however it works perfectly ok if I logon to site via my AOL software

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree