Moves
    29 Jul '08 13:12
    Originally posted by Aspasia
    why were the two players banned?
    engine use
  4. Helsinki, Finland
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 13:20
    I am so happy to use my original brain to play chess. They are so stupid who use the engine to cover their weakness. Stay with us In RHP if you are a professional player 🙂
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 16:20
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    Just started the tournament: Tournament 4689

Already 2 banned players!

clivestraddle User 422492
    &
    Stephane User 282210

Hope for the tournament that not too many will be banned 🙂
    In fact there is some danger of having more bans in your tournament, due to the fact that it is the cheaters who take on a lot of games while being high rated...
  6. home
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 21:08
    Originally posted by Hells Caretaker
    engine use
    How do you know that?
  7. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 23:02
    Originally posted by dsmfire
    How do you know that?
    I've read the latest post's in in chess only section I'd give you the link here only I'm not that savey with html or url goto and click "current bannings"
  8. Standard memberEnglish Tal
    Phoneless
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 23:08
    Just started the tournament: Tournament 4689

Already 2 banned players!

clivestraddle User 422492
    &
    Stephane User 282210

Hope for the tournament that not too many will be banned 🙂
    I like your idea of an 'Engine Magnet' tournament. Keep up the good work!
  9. Joined
    13 Nov '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 00:14
    "Engine Magnet" tournament huh? Since I'm playing I can only assume you targeted me. I can assure you I do not cheat in any way and if this is the true intention of your tourney, I find it quite offensive that you invited me. (Especially since we've never played)

On the other hand, I wish you luck in ferreting out actual cheaters if that is your intention.
  10. Standard memberpawnraider
    PawnRaiderRaids4Ever
    better places
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 02:36
    Originally posted by Indosmart
    I am so happy to use my original brain to play chess. They are so stupid who use the engine to cover their weakness. Stay with us In RHP if you are a professional player 🙂
    echo, echo.
    when the antique biological "engine" between the ears, needs jogging, I can pickup some books, mags or other published material.

does not matter to me how many get banned.
    i will just play who is left.

looks to be fun!

that "Engine Magnet Tournament" sounds VERY interesting!
  11. Joined
    13 Nov '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 03:035 edits
    Originally posted by pawnraider
    that "Engine Magnet Tournament" sounds VERY interesting!

Since:
    1. I have played you twice and lost both times, pawnraider.
    2. And I seem to have been accused of something in a cowardly manner.
    3. I can only logically conclude perhaps you should be in this tourney as well.

Edited portion:
    I decided to edit this post and make it clear I'm not actually accusing you of cheating pawnraider. I am merely imitating Amsterdamn's behavior.
  12. Joined
    13 Nov '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 03:09
    Same goes for you English Tal.

I am 0-1-1 against you so if I'm a cheater...
    (and for the record not sure why you gave me a draw on the one game since you were up a pawn)
  13. Amsterdam
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 08:07
    Hi all..

I was just surprised to see 2 banned players right at the start of the tourny, nothing more..

The only reason for me to organize Private Tournaments is because I like Tournaments with specific "themes"..

Amsterdamn Clan Threesomes
    Tournament 3327
    The 1st Private Tournament of Amsterdamn Clan
    Tournament with 18 players only from the Amsterdamn Clan, groups of 3. Idea behind it seems obvious.

Amsterdamn Turbo Duel - March 2008
    Tournament 3561
    Most Active Players in Turbo Mode
    I invited just players who were on page 1 of the "Most Active Players of the Month", at that specific time. Turbo Mode: 1 day timeout, NO timebank: I wanted the most-frequent-movers in 1 tourny, to be a witness of the fastest tourny ever.

Amsterdamn High Quality Duels
    Tournament 4689
    The highest rated players in Duel
    I only invited the 2050+ rated players. Reason is that I only saw tournaments where you have 1700+ / 1800+ for example, and most of the time the 2050+ rated player in that tourny wins.. Just wanted to see a tournament of only 2050+ players, also to make it more of a challenge for these players themselves, as I believe that this has not been done for them before. And you can see, with a little effort you have 24 of them filling the tourny..

Will think of other "themes" to create a next Private Tournament.. hope it's being appreciated..

Good luck to all.. Patrick
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 08:52
    Hi all..

I was just surprised to see 2 banned players right at the start of the tourny, nothing more..

The only reason for me to organize Private Tournaments is because I like Tournaments with specific "themes"..

[b]Amsterdamn Clan Threesomes

Tournament 3327
    The 1st Private Tournament of Amsterdamn Clan
    Tournament with 18 players on ...[text shortened]... e a next Private Tournament.. hope it's being appreciated..

Good luck to all.. Patrick[/b]
    Thank you Amsterdamn to have organised those themed tournaments.

And thank you for having cleared up that.

Silicon Pawn. I don't think that you spüecifically have been targeted. As I tried to say in my first post:

People who do cheat are often those playing many games and having a high rating.

Thus: I expect people fitting that descriptions to have a high probability to enter such a tournament.

Thus: I think it not unreasonable to expect further bannings to stretch to people in that tournament.

So I don't accuse anybody personal in this tournament to be a cheater, and I expect real persons to be playing in that tournament. And I would still not be surprised if there weher more people in that tournament banned.

Best regards to you and everybody else who feels offended.

Ponderable
  15. Joined
    13 Nov '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '08 00:50
    I apologize for mistaking your intentions Amsterdamn. Your wording seemed to indicate an odd motive. And I obviously wasn't the only one who thought that based on the comments that preceded mine.

I joined the tournament because there aren't many where I am the lowest rated player, and I thought it might be fun to get my but kicked for once. I actually rarely win against 2000+ players and my rating is mostly padded from playing a lot of tournaments against the 1700 - 1900 crowd, against which I don't lose often. I enjoy playing people rated higher than me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree