1. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    23 Jul '06 00:50
    Following the successful trial of 1. h4 and the completion of a trial of 1. g4 nearing completion and producing equally comprehensive results I was wonderin if perhaps 1. a4 was a good alternative for those players who don't like creating weaknesses on their K-side and retain a perverted desire to castle.

If it is perhaps we can all soon forget about d4 or e5 and rewrite the world chess history.
  2. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '06 01:042 edits
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    ...and retain a perverted desire to castle.

Why do you consider that wanting to O-O is perverted?
    And is O-O-O more perverted than O-O?
  3. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '06 02:38
    Following the successful trial of 1. h4 and the completion of a trial of 1. g4 nearing completion and producing equally comprehensive results I was wonderin if perhaps 1. a4 was a good alternative for those players who don't like creating weaknesses on their K-side and retain a perverted desire to castle.

If it is perhaps we can all soon forget about d4 or e5 and rewrite the world chess history.
    Instead of proving to use you can beat 1100 players with g4. a4, or h4, why don't you do something a little more impresive?

like play the pork chop opening [hammerslaug] which is most noticeably reconised by 2.Kf2!
  4. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    23 Jul '06 16:26
    Originally posted by Shinidoki
    Instead of proving to use you can beat 1100 players with g4. a4, or h4, why don't you do something a little more impresive?

like play the pork chop opening [hammerslaug] which is most noticeably reconised by 2.Kf2!
    No! no! no! no!

The point is 2. Kf2 is pointless and has no strategic merit what so ever, whereas both a4 and h4 get a key pawn that much closer to their queening square and opens files for the Rook. g4 is well recognised as a tactical masterstroke played by renouned players such as IM Michael Basman and includes amoung its victims Nunn. Speelman, Plaskett, Hebden and Arkell, good players all!
  5. back in business
    Moves
    23 Jul '06 18:31
    Originally posted by ThudanBlunder
    Why do you consider that wanting to O-O is perverted?
    And is O-O-O more perverted than O-O?
    I think Kxf2# is the most perverted, sick and twisted move ever.
  6. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '06 19:05
    No! no! no! no!

The point is 2. Kf2 is pointless and has no strategic merit what so ever, whereas both a4 and h4 get a key pawn that much closer to their queening square and opens files for the Rook. g4 is well recognised as a tactical masterstroke played by renouned players such as IM Michael Basman and includes amoung its victims Nunn. Speelman, Plaskett, Hebden and Arkell, good players all!
    Yet, Insist on playing 1100 rated players
  7. Scotton Lincolnshire
    Moves
    23 Jul '06 20:01
    I think a4 is a great opening move and I hope that all my future opponents will employ it.
  8. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    24 Jul '06 09:05
    Originally posted by Shinidoki
    Yet, Insist on playing 1100 rated players
    I just challenged players who moved fast as I wanted to finish the games in 48 hours. The fact that their ratings were low was coincidental. I made my replies instantly evening out the odds a bit.

I am now playing h4 much more slowly against 1800 rated players.
  9. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '06 11:14
    I will play you in a 1.a4,g4, or h4 match.
  10. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    24 Jul '06 11:34
    Originally posted by Xpofer
    I will play you in a 1.a4,g4, or h4 match.
    Gladly, but no one will accept the results as your rating is

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree