Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 01 Nov '11 09:45
  2. Standard member mikelom
    Ajarn
    01 Nov '11 10:01
    1. Ng6 (who said you can play as white? )
  3. 01 Nov '11 10:07 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by mikelom
    1. Ng6 (who said you can play as white? )
    1.Ng6? is that legal?
  4. 01 Nov '11 10:37 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    1.Ng6? is that legal?
    This is street chess. 2.f5

    Edit: if you're unfamiliar with the rules each piece can move one square off a regular move.

    Edit 2: but captures and checks can only be done with regular moves.
  5. Standard member mikelom
    Ajarn
    01 Nov '11 11:22
    2. Qxd1 check (you forgot to mention we can jump too! )
  6. 01 Nov '11 13:06
    Originally posted by Trev33
    This is street chess. 2.f5

    Edit: if you're unfamiliar with the rules each piece can move one square off a regular move.

    Edit 2: but captures and checks can only be done with regular moves.
    it looks more like Hopscotch than chess! Anyhow what is it you dont like about 1.d4
  7. 01 Nov '11 13:16
    It's not 1.e4... Nuff said
  8. 01 Nov '11 13:49
    Originally posted by morgski
    It's not 1.e4... Nuff said
    Lol, ok, but neither is 1.Nf3
  9. 01 Nov '11 14:25
    Originally posted by mikelom
    2. Qxd1 check (you forgot to mention we can jump too! )
    You can jump but ready the rule, no checks with the fancy moves
  10. 01 Nov '11 14:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    it looks more like Hopscotch than chess! Anyhow what is it you dont like about 1.d4
    Everything...
  11. 01 Nov '11 15:34
    Originally posted by mikelom
    2. Qxd1 check (you forgot to mention we can jump too! )
    1. Qxe8 game over. If you can jump just do it!
  12. Standard member mikelom
    Ajarn
    01 Nov '11 15:48
    Lol . In retrospect, I lost Trev.

    You might be onto a new money making idea with this street chess. Get the rules pinned, and we can have a game...

    -m.
  13. 02 Nov '11 07:41
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Everything...
    its not so bad i reckon, the only principle that it violates is one of maximum activity,
    never the less, its argued that it actually controls more squares than 1.e4 as the e
    pawn is unprotected and open to attack. My conclusion is that 1.d4 is for control
    freaks.
  14. 02 Nov '11 18:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its not so bad i reckon, the only principle that it violates is one of maximum activity,
    never the less, its argued that it actually controls more squares than 1.e4 as the e
    pawn is unprotected and open to attack. My conclusion is that 1.d4 is for control
    freaks.
    I'm talking about facing it... have yet to find a reply i'm comfortable with. Going to try f5.
  15. 02 Nov '11 22:55
    Originally posted by Trev33
    I'm talking about facing it... have yet to find a reply i'm comfortable with. Going to try f5.
    What have you tried against it so far? I'm currently using the Grunfeld, which I'm actually beginning to really enjoy. In the past I found the Benko Gambit to be quite solid, although I never could manage to get too much of an edge, perhaps I just didn't understand the resulting postions well enough. I also tried the KID for a while but found little success with it unfortunately.