1 Minute Chess

1 Minute Chess

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
07 Nov 08
4 edits

I just played 4 games at FICS of 1-minute chess with a 2300 rated player.

Game 1 was very tactical but I misplayed it horribly and only won by luck.

Games 2 and 3 were equally horrible (beaten like a child).

Game 4 (The last game before I was called away from the computer. Ggggrrrrr 🙁 ) was actually quite nice.

Bear in mind that white used 40 seconds and black 39.
I like the little combo around move 26. 🙂

e

Moves
07 Nov 08

You're actually posting one minute games? 😲🙄😵

p

Moves
07 Nov 08

Originally posted by exigentsky
You're actually posting one minute games? 😲🙄😵
Only when I win. 🙂

v

Moves
07 Nov 08

1 0 is very addictive and bad for your chess, and I am trying hard to get rid of this bad habit 😀

G

Moves
07 Nov 08

After this, 5/0 must seem very long to you 🙂
(I currently try to get used to 5/0 having moved from 15/0 and 10/0)

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
07 Nov 08

I'm pretty good at 1 minute games, but they get my heart racing! I feel the trick is to make 'good moves' that are NOT expected. When your moves are not expected, it's that much more time the other user needs to waste on their move. Example is when they expect a trade, they are probably hovering over a piece waiting on you. You attack another piece, and they now have to protect or move a piece they didn't expect.

As long as I can avoid mate, I feel I have enough clock to get a win.

Fun stuff, but it REALLY does get my heart racing and hands shaking.

P-

v

Moves
07 Nov 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I'm pretty good at 1 minute games, but they get my heart racing! I feel the trick is to make 'good moves' that are NOT expected. When your moves are not expected, it's that much more time the other user needs to waste on their move. Example is when they expect a trade, they are probably hovering over a piece waiting on you. You attack another piece, an ...[text shortened]... to get a win.

Fun stuff, but it REALLY does get my heart racing and hands shaking.

P-
good is relative...I was also thinking I am good (> 1900) until I saw paul's rating (> 2000)