Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Standard member rotk
    Orc slayer
    12 May '07 19:59
    I suppose this isn't something I should be mentioning, but you know how they say you learn something new every time you lose. Than I just learned a 100 new things, I can't recall them at the moment though.

    Game 3381552

    quite bad for an 1800 player,
  2. 12 May '07 20:35
    I don't like 6... e5. Kinda makes your fianchetto'd bishop, which you took so much time to develop, weak. I used to fianchetto a lot way back when, but I stopped because the middle would always become too congested. Now I'm a little better and can anticipate if I'm gonna get it blocked in.
  3. 12 May '07 20:47
    Originally posted by RedHerring
    I don't like 6... e5. Kinda makes your fianchetto'd bishop, which you took so much time to develop, weak. I used to fianchetto a lot way back when, but I stopped because the middle would always become too congested. Now I'm a little better and can anticipate if I'm gonna get it blocked in.
    ..that's book.
  4. 12 May '07 21:07
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    ..that's book.
    Shows you how much I know haha
  5. 12 May '07 22:47
    Originally posted by rotk
    I suppose this isn't something I should be mentioning, but you know how they say you learn something new every time you lose. Than I just learned a 100 new things, I can't recall them at the moment though.

    Game 3381552

    quite bad for an 1800 player,
    Don't worry, I just dropped a queen today (also dropping me below 1700) in a completely won game. I saw it as I moved and frantically hit escape. I guess it's time to implement a forced break between a move and pressing submit.
  6. 12 May '07 22:52
    Originally posted by zebano
    Don't worry, I just dropped a queen today (also dropping me below 1700) in a completely won game. I saw it as I moved and frantically hit escape. I guess it's time to implement a forced break between a move and pressing submit.
    Tantric Chess!