Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 23 Jun '06 08:32 / 1 edit
    [gid]http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/playchess.php?gameid=2199452[/gid]
    it is my fast game
  2. 23 Jun '06 11:16
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/gameanalysis/boardhistory.php?gameid=2199562
  3. 23 Jun '06 14:54
    Originally posted by Fadlun
    it is my fast game
    Do you think you played well?
    Or do you think your opponent played bad?
    In either case - do you think this game was well played?
  4. Standard member Red Night
    RHP Prophet
    23 Jun '06 15:26
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Do you think you played well?
    Or do you think your opponent played bad?
    In either case - do you think this game was well played?
    Rhetorical question.
  5. 23 Jun '06 15:46
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Rhetorical question.
    Is it?

    Do I play better of the only reason that my opponent play badly?
    Do my opponent play worse only because I play well?
    I don't think so.

    My question is if the game is a good game? If the game is won only because that he played well? Couldn't it be so that his opponent played badly?

    I don't find the question is rethorical, rather as a seed of which a disussion of the matter can grow.
  6. Standard member Red Night
    RHP Prophet
    23 Jun '06 16:42
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Is it?

    Do I play better of the only reason that my opponent play badly?
    Do my opponent play worse only because I play well?
    I don't think so.

    My question is if the game is a good game? If the game is won only because that he played well? Couldn't it be so that his opponent played badly?

    I don't find the question is rethorical, rather as a seed of which a disussion of the matter can grow.
    If you seriously want an answer to that question, I'll give you one.

    No, the game was not very well played by either side.

    "two armed mobs chasing each other around the country, from which nothing could be learned..." Helmut von Moltke.

    But that's just my opinion.
  7. 23 Jun '06 16:54
    I don't know, it kinda looked like the 1600 was playing like a 1500, and the 1200 was playing like a 1300, as he was leading the game; until the blunder, that is.
  8. Standard member Red Night
    RHP Prophet
    23 Jun '06 17:18 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by LanndonKane
    I don't know, it kinda looked like the 1600 was playing like a 1500, and the 1200 was playing like a 1300, as he was leading the game; until the blunder, that is.
    The p1600 has played and won 8 games. The highest rated opponent was 1306 at the time and is now a 1287. So, who knows what his true rating will be.

    As far as I can tell they were both playing like 1200s and I don't think there is a lot to analyze here.

    Do you want to try to analyze this game?

    EDIT: You know what, I don't want to be too harsh. I looked it over and after the initial somewhat questionable moves, they play alright up until the hanging Bishop.
  9. 24 Jun '06 08:11
    My point is - why be proud of a game (won in 14 moves or whatever) when the opponent played bad? What's the merit in that?

    Perhaps the question is rethorical after all...
  10. 24 Jun '06 09:18
    Your opponent gave up!

    He was only behind 2 pts

    I never resign unless I am a Queen's ransom (9pts) down.