1. SubscriberRooksandHooks
    rookorbycrook
    Solihull
    Moves
    10 Sep '18 04:141 edit
    YouTube

if anyone can help me with doing a video adding a small 2d chess board in the window to show moves id appreciate please, did speak to the guy who posted this particular video, but what gets me is out to film inputting the moves and to mirror the actual moves in the footage as well.

I get you would use a gui interface and go through the moves first then go back to the start then just forward the moves when watching the moves in the original game and move in time to that ?? help
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    10 Sep '18 05:412 edits
    Originally posted by @rookorbycrook
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_BCQgUjTEw

if anyone can help me with doing a video adding a small 2d chess board in the window to show moves id appreciate please, did speak to the guy who posted this particular video, but what gets me is out to film inputting the moves and to mirror the actual moves in the footage as well.

I get you would us ...[text shortened]... forward the moves when watching the moves in the original game and move in time to that ?? help
    If you are successful in doing this, you would end up with the physical chessboard, the small virtual chessboard, and the chessboard on the remote device all on the same screen, and all with the same game on them. Pardon me for asking, but wouldn't this be over complicating things a bit?
  3. SubscriberRooksandHooks
    rookorbycrook
    Solihull
    Moves
    10 Sep '18 06:212 edits
    hi thanks for the reply, and so soon to..... just worked out windows 10 has a screen capture so at least I can play online games and film it ;-) erm if you see the you tube link you will see how the video is on Holland Park. The fact the guy has the camera filming from his forehead makes the view spectacular instead of a side view or over someone's shoulder. Its crystal clear to be fair. Having the 2d board in the corner makes some moves that you don't see a bit clearer on the other board ;-)
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Sep '18 00:492 edits
    Originally posted by @rookorbycrook
    hi thanks for the reply, and so soon to..... just worked out windows 10 has a screen capture so at least I can play online games and film it ;-) erm if you see the you tube link you will see how the video is on Holland Park. The fact the guy has the camera filming from his forehead makes the view spectacular instead of a side view or over someone's s ...[text shortened]... 2d board in the corner makes some moves that you don't see a bit clearer on the other board ;-)
    White taking with queen was the blunder of the game but he didn't see it. One thing, the little board should have more contrast for white pieces, black pieces were visible for the most part but you could use more contrast for the white pieces. Notice the difference in contrast between the real board with black squares V the little board with gray squares representing the black squares of the real board. That would help follow the game better.
    The last sequence he should have been able to calculate out, netting even more material for black. I assume it was you playing black?
    One other detail, the board was upside down, lower left corner for white was h8, it should be a1.
    I guess the contrast issue is one to work on, on the real board, the black pieces were not quite as visible on black as the white on white so I guess there is a balance issue as to what level of contrast is best. Maybe different color pieces, or some variation on the color of the squares V color of the pieces? I am certainly not an expert on such matters.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree