1. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    22 Jan '09 10:58
    Here's a very interesting 3 0 game that I just played at FICS.

I lost the game, but I felt I did really well.

Towards the end I was in extreme time trouble and did flag.

27. ... Rxe4 ! was what I missed. (28.Rxe4 Qg6 ! )

In the game, 28.Be3! would have exploited my mistake.

All in all a very exciting game.
  2. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    22 Jan '09 11:04
    I got my revenge in the next game but again only after an extreme time scramble.

The time scramble started around move 30.

I got the idea of this exchange and letting black double the kingside pawns for the g file from Blackburne's book of games.

13.Bxf6 ! was a simple tactic that I overlooked. 🙁

I have to give my opponent his due. He is one tough cookie. 🙂
  3. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    22 Jan '09 11:10
    By the way, does anyone know the modern GM consensus on the Ruy Lopez Breyer. I know Spassky and Karpov used it. Does anyone use it anymore?
  4. Joined
    06 May '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '09 15:541 edit
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    By the way, does anyone know the modern GM consensus on the Ruy Lopez Breyer. I know Spassky and Karpov used it. Does anyone use it anymore?
    A quick scan on www.chessgames.com shows Nigel Short and Wang Yue did play it last year, but to properly answer your question, Gata Kamsky is using it with reasonable success including a win over Peter Leko:

http://tinyurl.com/byb7qw

Edit: Nice games by the way 🙂
  5. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    22 Jan '09 19:14
    Originally posted by Meadows
    A quick scan on www.chessgames.com shows Nigel Short and Wang Yue did play it last year, but to properly answer your question, Gata Kamsky is using it with reasonable success including a win over Peter Leko:

http://tinyurl.com/byb7qw

Edit: Nice games by the way 🙂
    Thanks for the kind words and the info. I will have to take a good look at those games.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree