#5 - Difficult

#5 - Difficult

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M

Moves
15 May 11

Originally posted by Nowakowski
Puzzle is pretty much beat now though due to you posting in the thread (with my hint) rather than in PM. Your original post did not meet the criteria.
Oh yes, without you mentioning Nxd3, I would never have thought of the solution ???? Except that I posted white's two moves after that black try. Very funny.

N
10. O-O

Kalispell, MT

Moves
15 May 11
2 edits

Originally posted by Mephisto2
Oh yes, without you mentioning Nxd3, I would never have thought of the solution ???? Except that I posted white's two moves after that black try. Very funny.
You posted a concept - no actual lines.
That concept was false for a huge multitude of moves which you included with the verbage "anything else" in a puzzle which only meets criteria one way. The bishop battery makes for a faster mate. Black must kill the bishop battery. Therefore the "anything else" is irrelevant and incorrect in a puzzle which can only be solved by one black response on move 2.

You did not detail that one, singular, response. Anything else is incorrect. You clearly included a huge amount of other moves.

Just the same as saying "Rxh7 - Got it!!!! its forcing!!!" isn't the right answer.

There is nothing funny about it.

Solution:
1. Rxh7 Nxg6 2. Qxg6 Nxd3 3. Rh8+ Kxh8 4. Rh1+ Kg8 5. Qh7#

(anything incorrect by black makes for a faster mate, anything incorrect for white; a slower one)

M

Moves
15 May 11

Originally posted by Nowakowski
You posted a concept - no actual lines.
That concept was false for a huge multitude of moves which you included with the verbage "anything else" in a puzzle which only meets criteria one way. The bishop battery makes for a faster mate. Black must kill the bishop battery. Therefore the "anything else" is irrelevant and incorrect in a puzzle which can o ...[text shortened]... g incorrect by black makes for a faster mate, anything incorrect for white; a slower one)
Enough said. Let the others make up their mind.