Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 05 Feb '15 23:49
    Is there a location where I can get a count of the moves made while game is in progress?🙂
  2. 06 Feb '15 00:05
    Woops
    Are you talking about a game of yours on RHP? I don't know of a way to have automatic counting. Perhaps, you will have to count the moves by hand. If I am not wrong, it is 50 pairs of moves.
  3. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    06 Feb '15 00:09
    Originally posted by woops
    Is there a location where I can get a count of the moves made while game is in progress?🙂
    You mean to tell me you haven't been counting?? Woops! 😛

Look at your game page, find Details, game details, half moves is the number of half moves since a pawn move or a capture.
  4. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    06 Feb '15 00:17
    PGN section > FEN > 2nd-to-the-last number.

That's HALF moves, so it's not claimable until the counter hits 100.
  5. 06 Feb '15 01:57
    Thank you people, I knew you would come through.🙂
  6. Standard member Duncan Clarke
    Student
    06 Feb '15 08:10
    Quite often there will be a 3 times repetition of position before the 50 rule move kicks in.
  7. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    06 Feb '15 18:41 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Duncan Clarke
    Quite often there will be a 3 times repetition of position before the 50 rule move kicks in.
    The main time you see a 50-move draw is in an endgame that's tough to win in time (such as mate with only an N and B), or at all [such as opposite-color Bishops], when one side just can't bear to admit they can't win anymore, after being better/winning for most of the game.
  8. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    07 Feb '15 14:24
    I have found an easy way to do it is to just select "claim draw" everytime you submit a move. That way you won't miss a threefold repetition before you reach the 50...
  9. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    08 Feb '15 07:06
    Thank you people, I knew you would come through.🙂
    That's what she said.
  10. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    09 Feb '15 20:59
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    I have found an easy way to do it is to just select "claim draw" everytime you submit a move. That way you won't miss a threefold repetition before you reach the 50...
    I use this method too. Most of the time I can't spot a third repetition until it's too late to take advantage of it.