1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Aug '13 00:40
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn24060-ancient-pawns-pieces-from-5000yearold-board-games.html#.UhK6gNLVDhE
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    20 Aug '13 02:41
    pig to dog 4........bullet x pyramid LOL
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Aug '13 10:371 edit
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    pig to dog 4........bullet x pyramid LOL
    Ancient monopoly?

Zahi Hawass was our tour guide back when we lived in Israel and it was more or less safe to visit Egypt, (He is head honcho of antiquities in Egypt now).
    So we went to the Cairo museum. GADS what a museum! You could roam for days without seeing it all. Anyway, I asked him about early chess type board games and he showed me a cartouche that clearly showed a board game but the board was small, 3 squares wide and maybe 10 squares deep. Nobody knows now how the game went, but pieces somehow advanced and there was a certain strategy to the game. Always wondered just how to play that game.
  4. Joined
    29 Oct '09
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 20:15
    The Egyptian game is actually mentioned in the linked article. It's called Senet.
  5. Standard memberhedonist
    peacedog's keeper
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 23:031 edit
    This thread should be deleted as soon as possible before Greenpawn sees it.

This kind of thing just encourages him to go on a rant about the Lewis Chessmen. :'(

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree