1. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 11:20
    I'm getting used to people getting disappeared (to use a Catch 22 phrase) and timing out all of their games, but why would someone stop playing all their games whilst continuing to post regularly on the forums, as one of my current opponents is doing?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 11:28
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    I'm getting used to people getting disappeared (to use a Catch 22 phrase) and timing out all of their games, but why would someone stop playing all their games whilst continuing to post regularly on the forums, as one of my current opponents is doing?
    if they are like me they just can't be bothered to play chess at the moment, i'm sure they'll move before the time-bank runs out.
  3. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 11:29
    Originally posted by trevor33
    if they are like me they just can't be bothered to play chess at the moment, i'm sure they'll move before the time-bank runs out.
    Maybe he will in our game, but he has timed out on a couple of dozen games in the last few weeks.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 11:44
    Maybe he will in our game, but he has timed out on a couple of dozen games in the last few weeks.
    who is it?
  5. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 11:50
    Originally posted by trevor33
    who is it?
    It's alexstclaire. As I said, I don't really care if he's gone away, but it's strange to continue posting on the forums but allowing yourself to lose all your games on time. I was enjoying our game and was looking forward to seeing what would happen.
  6. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 11:53
    It's alexstclaire. As I said, I don't really care if he's gone away, but it's strange to continue posting on the forums but allowing yourself to lose all your games on time. I was enjoying our game and was looking forward to seeing what would happen.
    Why don't you just send a PM to the guy? He can answer your question better than us?.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 11:56
    I haven't seen him posting. Maybe it was in that puzzles room, as I haven't been in there often?
  8. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 12:12
    Originally posted by adje
    Why don't you just send a PM to the guy? He can answer your question better than us?.
    I like to whinge and complain in public.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 12:15
    I like to whinge and complain in public.
    Yes, well sometimes you have to go to the right place.
  10. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 14:38
    sometimes I'm so tired I don't even want think about or even look at my games, so I just won't. but I still visit the forums. usually I'll get some sleep in a day or two, and start thinking about positions again. -maybe he has something similar, but for a longer time?
  11. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 22:22
    Do you know something? I'm thick as pig snot me. alexstclaire was posting messages on the 7th and 8th of November, not December, so he hasn't actually been active on this site for quite a while.

My apologies to alexstclaire if he ever reads this.
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 06:10
    I'm currently on a chess break basically. I post regularly in the forums, but I hardly move at all right now. My games in progress are down to 14. I just have more important things going on in my life, and I can't have my mind focused on chess right now.
  13. Standard memberYuga
    Renaissance
    OnceInALifetime
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 06:33
    I've actually resigned 50 of my games recently because I have to focus on my studies.

It's my fault I started too many games, and against very strong, or very high-rated opponents, but I couldn't handle the game load and meet the timebanks, hence all of the resignations.

I occasionally post in the forums because I enjoy doing so; I'm not sure if I have the time as many of my recent posts are in the late hours of the night.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree