1. Joined
    21 Jul '07
    Moves
    26 Aug '07 21:09
    As I'm sure you can tell, I'm new here.

Take my word, I'm not really that good, but people seem to resign before the game is over, which results in me getting a higher than deserved rating.

I'll admit, I lean on the "analyze board" a bit too much and would not play as well in front of a real board without that option.

Am I breaching some type of etiquette?
    Why do people resign so quickly?
  2. Joined
    05 Apr '04
    Moves
    26 Aug '07 21:23
    It's chessisvanity's fault. He keeps PM'ing your opponents and telling them that you're head of the mafia, and you "really don't want to beat this guy"
  3. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '07 21:27
    damnit man! why you tell him?.....i wanted him to be 1700 before my 1300 whooped his ass and killed his ego.....

great! just great........now i'll have to go hunt out another newbie......
  4. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    26 Aug '07 21:56
    If they are non-subs and they feel that the game is lost, then there is logic in resigning 'early'. Means they can get another new game started.

Also, some people hate playing on in a lost position / a hopeless cause - and find it boring / demoralizing, and hence resign.

Some might want to drop there game load, and might resign a few games prematurely.

Just say thanks for the rating points!!
  5. Joined
    21 Jul '07
    Moves
    26 Aug '07 22:29
    i]Originally posted by saffa73[/i]
    If they are non-subs and they feel that the game is lost, then there is logic in resigning 'early'. Means they can get another new game started.

Also, some people hate playing on in a lost position / a hopeless cause - and find it boring / demoralizing, and hence resign.

Some might want to drop there game load, and might resign a few games prematurely.

Just say thanks for the rating points!!
    LOL Mad Mac, at least you got the Italian part right

saffa that does make sense when you put it that way, I guess I thinking as if I was playing a live game. thx

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree