1. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 22:19
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    alright i was just sayin well... ive seen a lot of games of masters and even pple with no record or no tournaments played, and pple can really memorize fritz like moves and or openings, endings, but it was just a thought. you might be right.
  2. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 23:03
    Originally posted by ize
    alright i was just sayin well... ive seen a lot of games of masters and even pple with no record or no tournaments played, and pple can really memorize fritz like moves and or openings, endings, but it was just a thought. you might be right.
    Openings certainly. Endings to some extent. But I seriously doubt that people can (or would bother to) memorize Fritz-like moves.

But strong players do develop the ability to calculate tactical positions with a high degree of accuracy. Just not as relentlessly blunder-proof as Fritz would be.

@AlphaAlekhine: Rather than starting threads like this, send any suspicions to one of the Game Moderators (myself or tmetzler), or send Feedback to the Site Administrators.

Trial by Forum, however entertaining it might seem, is not the way to go about this.
  3. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 23:22
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    I disagree. Players rated above 1600 make blunders (eg Game 2455246 where my opponent was graded above 1900 at the time), they just don't make them as oftem. Heck, even 2800+ GMs miss mates in 1 at times.
    of course, but there seems to be a big difference at around 1600. 1500's drop pieces for free in about every 3-5th game, 1600's maybe every 30th game. unsound sacs happen and missplayed complex tactics of course, but not much simple random 1-move disasters anymore. you usually have to actually push 1600+ people before they drop anything.
  4. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 00:43

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    13 Feb '04
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 05:13
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I think you may be mistakenly equating somebody making a surprising move with using a computer. I used ChessMaster to look at his moves. There is no way I can conclude he was using a computer. Making accusations like yours in public forums is very inappropriate. If you accuse somebody of cheating in the forum, you had better have something to back it up, and here you have nothing.

Folks, when you accuse somebody of cheating, you are making the accusation against a PERSON, one who is entitled to human dignity and has a right to be free of careless and reckless charges of dishonesty.
  6. Santa Clara, CA
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 06:28
    i think that people are capable of playing far better than their rating. but silly mistakes can keep one from having a high rating. so it's very possible you're playing a very good 1000 rated person.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree