30 Dec '10 21:564 edits
    [Event "RHP Blitz rated"]
    [Site "www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2010.12.30"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "sonhouse"]
    [Black "DieGrootGees"]
    [Result "1-0"]

Did you get the picture after he took the bishop with rook? 19...RxB? I take rook with queen, lose queen from bishop pin.So he got a two for one sale with RxN next. Lots of sacs in this game! I got careless at move 25, he picked off a pawn with the knight. At move 32, after he blocked check with queen and I took, his other pieces were not coordinated and I was able to pick them off with my queen then get another to replace it.
  2. Joined
    10 Oct '10
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 11:22
    Hi, Sonhouse. Interesting game but you could have saved yourself a couple of dozen moves with 35. Q - f6 and mate on g7 next move !

from Canaryman.
  3. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 12:051 edit
    A couple observations-

1) what was the purpose of 4.f3? I would think either f4 or nf3 would be preferable?

2) 4.. a6 would be fine if there was an actual plan to play b5 at some point...ever...

3) Bh4+ seems like just encouraging you to start your pawn storm.

4) 14. g4 Is an important moment. Generally, you want to get your king to b1 before you start the full out assault. Another thought is Bg5 Bxg5 hxg5 opening the h file for the rook. If black doesn't exchange then you just proceed with the plan of Kb1 followed by g4, f4 and then h5.

16.. f6. This move shows pretty much that Black doesn't know the principles of opposite side castle attacks. Something noticeable throughout the game.
    A quick refresher- the side that breaks through first, almost always wins. So f6 is the wrong move. Opening the file for the rook just weakens the defense around the king. Play b5! get your own storm going as fast as you can.

19. g5?? Kb1... always get your king off that diagonal before you launch your full out assault.

19... Rxe3 20. Rdg1? Why not just take with the Queen? Qxe3 Bg5 nf4 and if Black tries some sort of pin you play Rhf1? I am definitely a materialist mind you, grab the material and defend like Steinitz! I would rather get mated with a pawn or two in my fist.

20.. Rxe2? worst of 3 options. First off, why not just play Rf3? Second, if you are going to take a Knight why not take the one on c3 instead?

22. c3? while it frees up your pieces defending d4 it puts a MASSIVE hole on b3 for a Knight. After 22.. na5 Black is probably better despite white having some threats in the kingside attack.

28....Bf6 - the losing move. A natural one, so if we are talking a really fast time control understandable. Bd7 holds the position with a simple combination but if you are low on time you wont look past Qxe7 most likely.
  4. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leölés ellenfeleim
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 15:303 edits
    There were some interesting lines there!

I just had a 2-minute quickie on RHP Blitz.

White was in hot water fairly early on, but I certainly wasn't anticipating 16. Nd1??

5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 06:02
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    A couple observations-

1) what was the purpose of 4.f3? I would think either f4 or nf3 would be preferable?

2) 4.. a6 would be fine if there was an actual plan to play b5 at some point...ever...

3) Bh4+ seems like just encouraging you to start your pawn storm.

4) 14. g4 Is an important moment. Generally, you want to get your king to b1 before you ...[text shortened]... tion with a simple combination but if you are low on time you wont look past Qxe7 most likely.
    Thanks for the analysis. I did f3 to stop the knight from going to g4 and attacking the bishop but also to support a pawn storm. I see what you mean about the c3 move, I could have ended up with a king queen fork among other things. And the Bd7 move you mentioned would have killed any attack I had. Thanks for taking the time to point all that out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree