1. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 13:49
    probably the greatest progress is made by those who simply amuse themselves with the board and pieces.
  2. Joined
    03 Aug '10
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 15:135 edits
    Originally posted by GhostofMarmorstein
    [b]In my OTB experience there are not 1400 rated players who can calculate accurately. Often they can play reasonable moves until they are out of their prepared openings and then it deteriorates rapidly. 1400 players cannot see the board accurately at 4,6,8 or more ply while all masters can..
    White: Geepo 1841 Black: trstewart 1339 Blitz

by the end of the game he had no time left on his clock and i had 3 minutes left in a 5 minute game. I understand what you're saying but I have plenty more examples where I was a low rated player and beat a player rated 1800+
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 10:31
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    If you can consistently recognize two and three-move combinations, then you should reach 1600. Solve a lot of relatively simple tactics problems. I made it to USCF 2000 without even knowing the difference between the Philidor and Luceana positions. Just don't fall victim to two and three-move combinations, and execute these short combos when the op ...[text shortened]... ss[/i] by I. A. Horowitz. I think that it is superior to Silman's Reassess Your Chess.
    Geoffrey Mott-Smith was a co-author of Point Count Chess.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree