Acouple games

Acouple games

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
28 Sep 06

Hi. These are two games I recently won but I think I should have probably lost them. Did I win more because of my oponents blunders or beacuse of good play? Have a look and please comment, thanks! 🙂

Game 2357977

Game 2503510

This game my oponent dropped his rook, but I was thinking that I had a good position anyway because of the pinned e-pawn. What do you think?

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
28 Sep 06

Originally posted by ChessJester
Hi. These are two games I recently won but I think I should have probably lost them. Did I win more because of my oponents blunders or beacuse of good play? Have a look and please comment, thanks! 🙂

Game 2357977

Game 2503510

This game my oponent dropped his rook, but I was thinking that I had a good position anyway because of the pinned e-pawn. What do you think?
A hope no games against me find their way into this thread.

... it will be soooo embarassing!

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
28 Sep 06
1 edit

No, I wont post those, because I won't win them! 😛

but maybe I could... hehe, nah.

You probably thought "OH NO!" when you saw the thread title, thinking it was our games... we are going to have to revive that thread which they were initially posted you know.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
28 Sep 06

No, I wont post those, because I won't win them! 😛

but maybe I could... hehe, nah.

You probably thought "OH NO!" when you saw the thread title, thinking it was our games... we are going to have to revive that thread which they were initially posted you know.
I have to say Qh4+ (in the Kings Gambit for those that have no idea what I'm talking about see Game 2476497)has caused more problems than expected so it is certainly viable but I can find improvements in both our games which will make it easier to defeat next time.

c

Moves
28 Sep 06

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
I have to say Qh4+ (in the Kings Gambit for those that have no idea what I'm talking about see Game 2476497)has caused more problems than expected so it is certainly viable but I can find improvements in both our games which will make it easier to defeat next time.
You played an awful line DragonFire. Qh4+ is not good if white plays the right moves. 😉

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
28 Sep 06
1 edit

Originally posted by cmsMaster
You played an awful line DragonFire. Qh4+ is not good if white plays the right moves. 😉
He has stopped playing now, thank god, cos I've just finished my fourth beer!

My line was recommended by Korchnoi who is better than me. I have another game going with your suggested line. Will subject to a full post mortom and find "winning" improvements so this dreadful Qh4+ line is refuted but, hey cmsMaster, you know I am good with the K G and that I'll soon be beating you with Nf3 and proving Bc4 losses for white.

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
29 Sep 06

So anyway... back to the topic, any comments about those games? any answers?

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
29 Sep 06
3 edits

Game 2357977

Game 2503510

Game 2357977
Any reasons why you gave away a peice on move 6? A deep tactical ploy I have missed maybe?

Perhaps the same reason why he decided to give away a peice on move 15!

From move 15 to 29 you were winning then you throw it away. 29. Bf2 seems to keep the advantage for you. After move 29 he made a series of bad moves - you were lucky or he was bad.

There is a lesson here. An important one! You are playing far better than this in your 2 games against me. Did you relax and take it easy because you thought he was an easy opponent. Never do that. It is the most common reason people lose to inferior opponents. Always assume your opponent is better than you and you will play your best chess.

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
05 Oct 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
Game 2357977
Any reasons why you gave away a peice on move 6? A deep tactical ploy I have missed maybe?

Perhaps the same reason why he decided to give away a peice on move 15!

From move 15 to 29 you were winning then you throw it away. 29. Bf2 seems to keep the advantage for you. After move 29 he made a series of bad moves - you were lucky o ...[text shortened]... ior opponents. Always assume your opponent is better than you and you will play your best chess.
This might be why... but it has more to do with the position I think... with the Qh4+ variation we were playing I had alot of theory to help me decide my move and I did spend alot of time on my moves. Understanding that position has actually helped me alot with analysing positions in general so I am better now at understanding positions then I was during that game.

Dropping a piece on move 6 was a simple oversight, I didn't spend enough time on the move.

I am actually more interested in game 2503510 as there were less blunders.

I'm interested in whether i could still win if white didn't drop the rook.