1. Joined
    29 Nov '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 05:54
    Originally posted by robhamer
    ...and if by some luck I win my next 30 matches are they going to ban me

No. I don't think RHP will ban you just because you win 30 straight games.
  2. Joined
    29 Nov '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 06:031 edit
    Originally posted by queenabber
    To be fair the "GM" played very poorly in both games and if he played like that against me, I too would beat him and I'm certainly no GM either. I seriously doubt that actually was a GM playing, rather someone using his name!
    Yes. I do agree with you to certain extent. Obviously the second game. That doesn't mean that his opponent did not use engine. Maybe that GM looked weak because of he was against an engine. I don't rule out this possibility.
  3. gumtree
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 08:12
    Originally posted by Zygalski
    It's GM Julio Becerra. chess.com verifies titled players details & I think they'd check a GM.
    Also, that player has been a member since Feb 2009 so I think the real Becerra would have got wind of it by now.
    That site has hundreds of titled players from GM's down to Candidate Masters.
    and some of those "titled" players end up banned just like ordinary mortals.
  4. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 10:08
    That's true. Titled players get free premium lifetime membership there, but they do have to provide checkable proof.
  5. Standard memberrobhamer
    Rob Hamer
    England
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 13:29
    Originally posted by Bahari
    no worry of that made a bad start to my winning run ,i like that quote at the time .but i need to become a better chess player .
  6. Joined
    24 May '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 16:091 edit
    Originally posted by queenabber
    To be fair the "GM" played very poorly in both games and if he played like that against me, I too would beat him and I'm certainly no GM either. I seriously doubt that actually was a GM playing, rather someone using his name!
    I just checked & the first game, the 28 move one left book on 17.Bxe4.
    The second game with 33 moves went out of book on 22...Nf6.

So out of interest, which of the GM Becerra moves do you think were weak in these 2 games & how would you have played differently?
  7. Joined
    22 Oct '10
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 16:18
    Originally posted by Zygalski
    I just checked & the first game, the 28 move one left book on 17.Bxe4.
    The second game with 33 moves went out of book on 22...Nf6.

So out of interest, which of the GM Becerra moves do you think were weak in these 2 games & how would you have played differently?
    Just quickly playing through the 1st game again. Black's e6-e5, is ugly, allows Nf5 with tempo on the bishop even and I am not convinced a GM would consider it for long. Has all the halmarks of a much weaker player or possibly of a GM not really taking the game seriously. This can happen I guess, as I for example beat an OTB IM in 18 moves as black whereas nobody, regardless of strength should lose a corres game in 18 moves as white!
    Will look at the 2nd game again when I have a chance
  8. Joined
    24 May '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 18:48
    I can't analyse these 2 games vs GM Becerra, simply because they have too few non-theory moves to have any relevance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree