1. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '11 12:181 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    i think your rabbits need a trip to spec-savers, they're obviously failing on the watching out for foxes front 😛 😞

lets look at this thing rationally, how often do you need to clean up rabbit poo? the world is my cats toilet, plus he has the courtesy to cover it afterwards.

my cat 1 - your rabbits 0
    my rabbits eat their own poo, beat that you bad ol putty cats!!
  2. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    19 Jun '11 13:17
    Originally posted by Elmyr
    So I think I want to make chess a real hobby of mine... I was considering buying a
    book on general strategy, but the thing is I know I'm too lazy to work through it.
    Like I'm one of those people who walks around blind for a month after their contact
    lenses run out, just can't be bothered you know?

The thing is, it's just a real pain setting up all the pi ...[text shortened]... .

I feel like my progress has stagnated recently, so any advice would be appreciated!
    I am a lazy reader also. I recently got John Nunns 'Understanding chess move by move' as it had been recommended to me by a number of people. Each game covers a different strategic idea (and all the games are really well played and enjoyable). It doesn't branch off into thousands of variations and sub-variations but instead focusses more on the general idea's being used. I've found myself using a lot of these recently even though i haven't finished the book yet. It's a great read, which doesn't require you to read it from beginning to end. You can dip in and out at any point as it's effectively just a games collection. I've found it to be quite a useful and quick introduction to some slightly more advanced concepts that you can go and use in your games pretty much straight away... I've actually played through a few of the games without a board as it has plenty of diagrams. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree