advice needed

advice needed

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
16 Feb 07

Originally posted by cmsMaster
Look..now you've got me looking at things like Qe1 - I'm so confused.
Not any longer, it seems.

🙂

c

Moves
16 Feb 07

Originally posted by Wulebgr
Not any longer, it seems.

🙂
😉

c

Moves
16 Feb 07
1 edit

😉
1.Qe1!! dxe1 = Q (No check!) 2.Rd4 Qf1=Q 3.Ra4+ Bxa4 4.b4+ Qxb4 5.axb4#

Yeah, I think that's the answer - in any case, that's the hardest puzzle I've ever solved.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
16 Feb 07
1 edit

1.Qe1!! dxe1 = Q (No check!) 2.Rd4 Qf1=Q 3.Ra4+ Bxa4 4.b4+ Qxb4 5.axb4#

Yeah, I think that's the answer - in any case, that's the hardest puzzle I've ever solved.
Congratulations. Well done.

Rec given!

c

Moves
16 Feb 07

Congratulations. Well done.

Rec given!
Wow, that makes me happy. 🙂 That took insanely long to get!

W
Angler

River City

Moves
16 Feb 07

Wow, that makes me happy. 🙂 That took insanely long to get!
I didn't solve it, partly because it is far too easy to look at the answer when it is an inch below the diagram. I don't know if I could have gotten it otherwise.

c

Moves
16 Feb 07
1 edit

I didn't solve it, partly because it is far too easy to look at the answer when it is an inch below the diagram. I don't know if I could have gotten it otherwise.
I doubt I would have gotten that without your hints, even after finding the initial Qe1!! Rd4 also was a difficult move for me - although nowhere near as tough as Qe1. After finding those two moves though it basically solves itself.

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
16 Feb 07

I doubt I would have gotten that without your hints, even after finding the initial Qe1!! Rd4 also was a difficult move for me - although nowhere near as tough as Qe1. After finding those two moves though it basically solves itself.
Congrats!
I looked at Qe1 and it didn't seem promissing. Don´t remember what my second move was though..

c

Moves
16 Feb 07

Originally posted by adam warlock
Congrats!
I looked at Qe1 and it didn't seem promissing. Don´t remember what my second move was though..
Yeah, like I said, that second move took some thought too.

t

Moves
18 Feb 07

Yeah, like I said, that second move took some thought too.
I thought of Qe1 but couldn't find the continuation so I edited my post to say never mind because I thought it was stupid. My Idea was to get an extra move because black could not promote and check at the same time. but I do not take any credit at all because I could not find the rest.

Congrats!