1. Standard memberBlueEyedRook
    Ol' Blue Eyes
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 03:48
    I am the infamous instigator of other polls on this website (some controversial, others less so), but they usually tend to be pretty conversational and thought-provoking. This one is more of a survey, but I would be curious how everyone answers. Caro-Kann Clan, any thoughts on this? 🙂

http://blueeyedrook.blogspot.com/

How do you usually respond to 1. e4?

1... e5 (leading to the Italian Game, the Petroff Defense, the Philidor Defense, etc.)
    1... c5 (Sicilian Def.)
    1... Nf6 (Alekhine's Def.)
    1... c6 (Caro-Kann Def.)
    1... e6 (French Def.)
    1... d6 (leading to the Pirc Def.)
    1... d5 (Center Counter Def.)
    1... g6 (leading to the Robatsch Def.)
    1... Nc6 (Nimzovich Def.)
    OTHER (Please feel free to submit your answer in the comments portion of this survey)
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 03:51
    Have you actually ever made a post that isn't directly or indirectly linked to your crappy blog?
  3. Standard memberBlueEyedRook
    Ol' Blue Eyes
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 03:52
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Have you actually ever made a post that isn't directly or indirectly linked to your crappy blog?
    You never answered my question Xanthos, "Is it a cold, dreary, miserable day in New Zealand, today?"
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 03:55
    25 degrees and barely a cloud in the sky.
  5. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 03:56
    Originally posted by BlueEyedRook
    I am the infamous instigator of other polls on this website (some controversial, others less so), but they usually tend to be pretty conversational and thought-provoking. This one is more of a survey, but I would be curious how everyone answers. Caro-Kann Clan, any thoughts on this? 🙂

How do you usually respon ...[text shortened]... ch Def.)
    OTHER (Please feel free to submit your answer in the comments portion of this survey)
    I like to play ..c5
    used to play the french...e6
    occasionaly caro-cann---d6
    but i also like the modern.......g6
  6. Standard memberBlueEyedRook
    Ol' Blue Eyes
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 04:01
    I ask because (in addition to referring to my "crappy blog) in your most recent public posts, you say:

"Is everyone in Australians as dumb as you?"

"Powershaker you're an idiot."

"Unlike you I'm a man of my word ...."

"Quit with the annoying retardedness and perahaps people would be more inclined to listen to you. Right now no one cares what you think."

"Quit with the angst. You are more annoying than a swarm of gnats. "

"Learn to read."

"Quit with the damn copied riddles that everyone has heard."

Is life in New Zeland really this miserable?
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 04:25
    When people stop requiring derision I'll stop giving it.
  8. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 04:54

How do you usually respon ...[text shortened]... ch Def.)
    1.e4 e5

You missed the most important one, Ruy Lopez

I play 1.e4 e5
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 05:551 edit

How do you usually respon ch Def.)
    I play either the Pirc or Sicilian.
  10. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 06:042 edits
    He linked to his blog because he wanted to have a poll and see the popularity of each response to e4 among RHP players. I'm sure he wouldn't have linked to his blog if RHP had support for polls, but it doesn't, so, what was he to do? Just having us write our preferences isn't as elegant of a solution as a poll.

But even if it weren't a poll, so what if he links to his blog? It is of interest to many people here since it is mainly about chess. (and he's not selling anything) If you don't like it, just don't go to it and leave your whining for more important things. 😉
  11. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 06:11
    I just beat B.E.R. You think he'll include me in his blog?
  12. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 06:59
    Originally posted by exigentsky
    He linked to his blog because he wanted to have a poll and see the popularity of each response to e4 among RHP players. I'm sure he wouldn't have linked to his blog if RHP had support for polls, but it doesn't, so, what was he to do? Just having us write our preferences isn't as elegant of a solution as a poll.

But even if it weren't a poll, so what i ...[text shortened]... don't like it, just don't go to it and leave your whining for more important things. 😉
    Hello and Welcome! I am Ollie Rains, and I have searched the internet to put together for you the Very Best Home Based Business Ideas and Opportunities Directory. As you can see, there are numerous money-making opportunties and ideas here, ready for you to start your own profit building home-based business!

Have YOU fired your boss yet? Would you like to? I DID!
    Fire your boss and become Financially Independent. Build your own Home Based Business and live the Lifestyle you desire and richly deserve. My 'TOP PICK' personal favorite: Easy as 1,2,3. Free website set up ready to pull in massive residual streaming income. Gain the financial future and freedom you desire!
    It requires some work and effort to succeed with an online business as it does to succeed at anything you do in life. It doesn't happen overnight, but any kind of business you choose requires time to come to fruition. Be patient and persevere to gain control of your financial future!
  13. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 07:401 edit
    Hello and Welcome! I am Ollie Rains, and I have searched the internet to put together for you the Very Best Home Based Business Ideas and Opportunities Directory. As you can see, there are numerous money-making opportunties and ideas here, ready for you to start your own profit building home-based business!

Have YOU fired your boss yet? Would you like t time to come to fruition. Be patient and persevere to gain control of your financial future!
    Haha! 😀 Come on, it's not the same thing. His blog is of interest to many chess players here and directly relevant to this thread. Plus, he's not asking for your wallet.
  14. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 08:21
    I answer with 1...e6 and you're doomed.😉
  15. Joined
    08 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 08:21
    And you're inside playing chess?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree