Aha-erlebnis!

Aha-erlebnis!

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Hollow earth

Moves
02 Sep 08

To the benefit of us all let's share our most memorable aha-erlebnis in chess.
For me it must've been rooklifts.I learned quickly rooks belong on open files and also had little problems sacrificing rooks to open lines and/or remove defenders.But what really improved my game a lot was when I suddenly realised that,instead of letting my rooks just sit on the first rank of those files untill an opportunity to sac them arose,I could(and should) lift them so they gain greater power and can be added to the attack.
What a glorious moment that was 😉

MR

Moves
02 Sep 08

Originally posted by Katastroof
To the benefit of us all let's share our most memorable aha-erlebnis in chess.
For me it must've been rooklifts.I learned quickly rooks belong on open files and also had little problems sacrificing rooks to open lines and/or remove defenders.But what really improved my game a lot was when I suddenly realised that,instead of letting my rooks just sit on t ...[text shortened]... so they gain greater power and can be added to the attack.
What a glorious moment that was 😉
I have enough trouble with English. aha-erlebnis? Had to look it up. I would have understood epiphany, though. 😛 🙂

K

Hollow earth

Moves
02 Sep 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Mad Rook
I have enough trouble with English. aha-erlebnis? Had to look it up. I would have understood epiphany, though. 😛 🙂
Sorry,I'm not a native english speaker and didn't think of epiphany.Aha-erlebnis sounds better anyway 😀

Aha-erlebnis = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insight

MR

Moves
02 Sep 08

Originally posted by Katastroof
Sorry,I'm not a native english speaker and didn't think of epiphany.Aha-erlebnis sounds better anyway 😀

Aha-erlebnis = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insight
Ah, that's fine. I actually get a kick out of some of these expressions. And because of the "aha", I sort of guessed correctly, anyway. But I did want to look it up to be sure.