1. Joined
    21 Sep '06
    Moves
    28 Aug '07 06:22
    you know that the best players have photographic memories.Fischer could look at a board and set it up exactly the same way 3 hours later.Carlson has a photographic memorie...ect.ect.now you might ask yourself how does that make a chess player?Its quite obviouse....The more moves per opening you can remember gives you an advantage in the opening...the more moves you can remember in the middle you can remember gives you an edge in the middle game and on and on...alot of these guys can remember whole entire games if not hundreds of them.
  2. home
    Moves
    28 Aug '07 10:51
    Originally posted by MoneyMaker7
    Right like he said their father was a great chessplayer and they probably influenced each other a lot.

Intelligence is partially inherited, and nurtured at birth-teenage. If a baby's brain is stimulated a lot during infancy and childhood the child will have a better developed brain. This is why I think a lot of Asian kids are really smart, because in ...[text shortened]... f anyone devoted every waking second of their life to something they would be pretty good too.
    It does not take much to become a great chessplayer ;-)
    1. You need to have some talent for logic, but not necessery born by a great chess player.
    2. You need to be able to concentrate (another important brain function, often underestimated), for a long time
    3. You need opportunities to train
    4. You need mentoring
    5. You need motivation to give priority to chess training before all other things
    and
    6. You need to start early, if you want to be really good. The loads of chessgames are imptortant.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree