1. Joined
    22 Dec '15
    Moves
    25 Feb '16 21:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    And so it goes on...
    You only have to put up with it for 50 moves before you can claim draw. (At least I hope that rule is on this site.)
  2. Joined
    05 Dec '14
    Moves
    25 Feb '16 23:53
    The tables are now turned in a subsequent game. I have so far managed to resist insisting that he resign as mate with a rook and king is impossible.

Game 11562200
    Surely you jest ?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '16 06:121 edit
    Originally posted by michelleon
    Surely you jest ?
    Jest about what, mate with king and rook? Have a look at the entire thread to understand my meaning.
  4. Joined
    05 Dec '14
    Moves
    26 Feb '16 08:32
    Jest about what, mate with king and rook? Have a look at the entire thread to understand my meaning.
    Ooops. Sorry. Didn't read the thread from the start.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '16 15:11
    Originally posted by michelleon
    Ooops. Sorry. Didn't read the thread from the start.
    Clinched a draw 😀
  6. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '16 16:43
    Clinched a draw 😀
    😲🙄
  7. Joined
    22 Dec '15
    Moves
    05 Mar '16 18:58
    Clinched a draw 😀
    congrats! 😉

The draw might actually be the difference in that clan match(!)

perhaps its time to show your opponent this huge thread. . . 😀
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 23:44
    Originally posted by SPswindler
    congrats! 😉

The draw might actually be the difference in that clan match(!)

perhaps its time to show your opponent this huge thread. . . 😀
    I learnt something from that game; after 50 moves with no pawns or captures one can claim a draw. I must learn more chess rules 😵
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '16 19:18
    As to the question of the thread, do you see a wee green light?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 13:37
    Originally posted by Eladar
    As to the question of the thread, do you see a wee green light?
    A wut?
  11. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 14:47
    A wut?
    Relatively obscure greenpawn reference to a comment that got him banned briefly.

This whole thread is fascinating to me. A couple years ago, I was in the endgame against somebody who asked if I knew how to mate with rook and king versus king. I thought that he was joking. He wasn't and required that I prove it.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 16:26
    Originally posted by sbacat
    Relatively obscure greenpawn reference to a comment that got him banned briefly.

This whole thread is fascinating to me. A couple years ago, I was in the endgame against somebody who asked if I knew how to mate with rook and king versus king. I thought that he was joking. He wasn't and required that I prove it.
    I remember that incident - something to do with @Crowley if I remember correctly.
  13. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 16:35
    Not sure about the other party, but somebody asked how you could tell when an opponent was cheating and GP said that a wee green light came on. The light actually means that the person had moved recently but the mod thought that the comment would cause confusion among members who thought GP's comment was legitimate and not tongue-in-cheek.

In either case, I fell off my chair laughing when I first read his comment and have been faithfully reading his comments and blogs ever since. Good stuff indeed!
  14. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 17:02
    When determining whether to ask for a draw from someone, are we supposed to consider that every opponent is at least a "C" grade player which means that he or she is suitable to check mate us with Rook & King Vs. King?

Why would a "C" grade player think that mating with King & Rook Vs. King is a draw?
  15. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 17:09
    I am glad Greenpawn posted a message about being able to draw with Bishop and King Vs. Rook and King. If I am not wrong, in the all the years of playing chess, I did not know that was possible to gain a draw with the right King/Bishop position

Thanks Greenpawn. Do you know any other commonly or uncommonly known tidbits of game saving information?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree