1. Joined
    13 Aug '08
    Moves
    04 Feb '09 06:57
    I'm finding that every time my opponent makes a move i'm using analyse board, it changes the whole aspect of the game. what am i going to do when i play on a conventional board! i'll be lost.maybe i'm moaning because i've been losing lately. oh yes! and my opponents are definitely doing the same.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Feb '09 08:04
    don't use it it makes you lazy.

use the notebook feature instead so you remember what was going on in the game.
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    04 Feb '09 12:27
    Originally posted by odoodsdudes
    I'm finding that every time my opponent makes a move i'm using analyse board, it changes the whole aspect of the game. what am i going to do when i play on a conventional board! i'll be lost.maybe i'm moaning because i've been losing lately. oh yes! and my opponents are definitely doing the same.
    The analysis board over here is a tool for the CC and it is OK to use it, although it is better to use a real set for your CC analysis in case you see it as a means for becoming a stronger OTB player.

In order to keep yourself fit for OTB hames whilst playing CC too, it seems to me that the everyday work with the tactics is more than OK. Once you dedicade at least one hour daily by solving problems, plus at least an hour daily for an in depth analysis of a GM game of your actual openings or for another king of studies with a specific objective, you will be fine.
    Chess is fun, but the higher you go the harder you have to Work😵
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '09 00:171 edit
    one skill that's important for OTB play is the ability to think several moves ahead and remember where all these pieces are going - I used to feel that main the thing that separated the GM from the mere mortal was having superhuman memory skills --- doesn't help when you hear stories about how someone could play 60 games blindfolded simultaneously against sighted players and win almost all of them.

with analyze board, everyone has the ability to think as many moves ahead as they want, and you realize that more subtle things distinguish the better players.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '09 01:22
    Simple things help. Put yourself in your opponents shoes. OTB stand behind them if you can? Try to see patterns (and remember them!). Look for where strong squares might be. Especially where open, or half open files dissect with diagonals, especially those long ones. Try to control as many as you can but prioritise according to position and theme. Do not over analyse and do not rely on memory OTB. Always respect your opponent and expect the best response!
  6. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    05 Feb '09 06:08
    Originally posted by odoodsdudes
    I found an excellent alternative to all this, is to print a copy of the board with the present position, and use a standard chess set to anaylize with. This forces me to get away from the computer, slow down, and spend some time finding the best move I'm capable of. 😏
  7. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    05 Feb '09 10:16
    >I keep a written scoresheet for all my games in progress. The moves that have been made are in ink and the moves, variations, and lines I'm considering are in pencil. In this way, I can keep track of everything. I will add notes in the margins too so that when I turn to that game I'm reminded of whatever plan I had in mind. I also add the page number of whatever book I was consulting so that I can easily refer to it again.
  8. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    05 Feb '09 10:44
    Originally posted by trev33
    don't use it it makes you lazy.

use the notebook feature instead so you remember what was going on in the game.
    Not good, you're opponents will use it and out analyse you! Study position in head, decide on move, then use the analyse board...
  9. London
    Moves
    05 Feb '09 12:12
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Not good, you're opponents will use it and out analyse you! Study position in head, decide on move, then use the analyse board...
    Good idea!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree