1. girls imaginations
    Moves
    14 Dec '05 22:15
    im not really a begginer, ive known how to play chess for as long as i can remember. but not till recently when i strted getting serious about it did i learn of analysing games . how do you do this analysing of losses? any help is great thanks.
    -trallphaz
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 00:46
    Originally posted by trallphaz
    im not really a begginer, ive known how to play chess for as long as i can remember. but not till recently when i strted getting serious about it did i learn of analysing games . how do you do this analysing of losses? any help is great thanks.
    -trallphaz
    If you have access to a chess engine it can help. Get it to annotate the game and then look at the moves where its assessment of the position changes rapidly. If you don't have an engine, just look for the point (or points) where 'things got worse and if only I'd done something else' - essentially it's an excercise in wishful thinking.
  3. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 01:11
    I think that chess engines are great at annotating and analysing games, but it's better to do it on your own. Having an engine analyse your games(in order to try to get better)seems to me to be the lazy approach. While my analysis is usually not correct, I find it more helpful to do it on my own.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 03:13
    Originally posted by mufin78man
    I think that chess engines are great at annotating and analysing games, but it's better to do it on your own. Having an engine analyse your games(in order to try to get better)seems to me to be the lazy approach. While my analysis is usually not correct, I find it more helpful to do it on my own.
    Well, you don't put on muscle if you pump weights with a forklift truck...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree