1. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 01:53
    Of the 500+ games I've played here, this would be one of my favourites even though I lost. Actually, the whole tournament has been fantastic.

Game 1570606

I'd be really grateful for any and all comments on this one - bad moves I made, GOOD moves I made, things my opponent did I should have looked out for, things I could have done to break down her defence towards the end - anything at all really.

I just think these are the kind of games I should learn from. I was racking my brains at times trying to figure out what to do next.
  2. Joined
    17 May '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 04:01
    36.Nf7 ruined you as you lost your pawns. Better was 36.Kd2 getting out of the pin and allowing the rooks to slide to b1 or a1. Now the white knight on g5 freezes the black knight's movements. Black my move it to h7 to exchange the white knight which is ok for white since it removes a potential attacker to white's queenside pawns.
  3. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 04:05
    Originally posted by orfeo
    Of the 500+ games I've played here, this would be one of my favourites even though I lost. Actually, the whole tournament has been fantastic.

Game 1570606

I'd be really grateful for any and all comments on this one - bad moves I made, GOOD moves I made, things my opponent did I should have looked out for, things I could have done to break down her ...[text shortened]... s I should learn from. I was racking my brains at times trying to figure out what to do next.
    I don't want to comment on the moves but I will give you the general idea why you lose.

1. You opening was way to passive, and you had less space and your pieces were cramped and your opponent won your bishop with that pawn fork. You opponent played the Pirc and against it you should take all the space you can with e4 d4 etc..

2. You started an attack before developing you pieces, queen and rook and king. Not the best idea.

3. You castled and then pushed the pawn infront of your king. Bad idea. You should have focused on the kingside and start pushing you pawns towards his king.

4. You made tactical mistakes.

I suggest you play the opening moves from some sort of database and get a decent position and study tactics so you will avoid that pawn fork and some others which you missed.
  4. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 11:33
    I'd forgotten all about the pawn fork. That was a bit of a shocker, wasn't it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree