1. Aberdeen, Scotland
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 12:23
    Game 6375872

I thought this was an interesting game. Probably my most interesting to date on here.

He offered me a draw after 36...qxa1. I thought I had winning chances so played on. I proceeded to blow it, offered him the draw after 43 kg3 but by this time the only winning chances were his and he played on. I managed to cling on but am not convinced that the end position was drawn.

Would appreciate any thoughts on chances missed, etc. Though the end game is interesting, I'm just as (if not more) interested in the middle game.

Thank you.
  2. Joined
    17 May '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 22:322 edits
    Originally posted by rja211077
    Game 6375872

I thought this was an interesting game. Probably my most interesting to date on here.

He offered me a draw after 36...qxa1. I thought I had winning chances so played on. I proceeded to blow it, offered him the draw after 43 kg3 but by this time the only winning chances were his and he played on. I managed to cling on but am not con ...[text shortened]... end game is interesting, I'm just as (if not more) interested in the middle game.

Thank you.
    Nice attack, but
    24.Ne3 retreats, wastes tempi and winds up losing the rook on a1 anyway. Better is 24.Rg1 exd5 25.Bxf5 Rxf5 26.Qxf5 winning material and/or attack.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree