1. Joined
    15 Nov '09
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 17:50
    I don't know what I've done wrong. suddenly the game was lost!!!Game 10190670
  2. e4
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 17:55
    Look what I found.

3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 18:06
    Originally posted by robbebop
    I'm not a fan of 24.Qxb4 (the Q was on a good square, plus it just opens another file for black's Rooks).

The final blunder was 27.Nfd4?? overlooking the hanging B on d3. White should consider Rad1 or Qd4 instead.
  4. Joined
    25 Jul '07
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 18:591 edit
    Originally posted by robbebop
    I wouldn't have castled Q side when the black a and b pawns were already on their way. The game became an opposing side pawn rush, but your opponent had a two move head start.

This was made worse by the knight and bishop on c3 and d3 which make juicy targets for a pawn to be able to advance with tempo.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 02:48
    Originally posted by aquatabby
    I wouldn't have castled Q side when the black a and b pawns were already on their way. The game became an opposing side pawn rush, but your opponent had a two move head start.

This was made worse by the knight and bishop on c3 and d3 which make juicy targets for a pawn to be able to advance with tempo.
    I agree that castling queenside doesn't look too good in that position. I would have developed the knight and castle kingside.

Also the retreat of the Queen from h6 where it was preventing kingside castling for Black was not called for at that point. You should have looked for a way to bring pieces and pawns up to attack the kingside in my opinion. I don't know if it would work or not, but if I had gotten into that position, I would have looked hard before just retreating the Queen.

The Instructor
  6. e4
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 13:151 edit
    White had to generate counter-play on the Kingside. The move h4 must always be
    followed up with h5 regardless of what is happening on the Queenside or the centre.
    You must open that h-file.

White is close to the "I hope he botches his attack phase." and will be
    relying on his opponent seeing ghost.
    The hit on the d-pawn should have been ignored and h5 played to get things
    going on the Kingside.

Always remember weaker player find it easier to attack than defend.
    They tend to spot combo's for them but fail to see combo's against them.

Perfect case in point.

G. Chandler - Miller Edinburgh Summer Cup 1978.

You will see me miss things but opponent misses my last combo.
    Also notice the influence of the books and games I had seen at that time.

7. Joined
    15 Nov '09
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 16:59
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    White had to generate counter-play on the Kingside. The move h4 must always be
    followed up with h5 regardless of what is happening on the Queenside or the centre.
    You must open that h-file.

[fen]1r3rk1/1bqn1p1p/p2ppnp1/3P4/1p2P2P/1Np1QN2/PPP2PP1/1K1R1B1R w - - 0 19[/fen]
    White is close to the "I hope he botches his attack phase." and will be
    rely ...[text shortened]... ech, Positional Sense does not mean a didley squat if you cannot spot the shots.} [/pgn]
    thank you very much!
    and greenpawn34, I like your blog

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree