1. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    07 Sep '13 13:382 edits
    I would be interested in seeing what some of you think about this game.
    We were fairly evenly matched as far as ratings go and had both played several good games against each other, but I think black had a really bad day here.
    I'm sure I made bad moves as well, but black failed to capitalize on them, while I somehow managed to be in the right place and time to take advantage of many of his mistakes.

2. e4
    Moves
    07 Sep '13 14:05
    You can never see the game display in the original first post preview.
    Test it by going into any other thread first.

Once White was a Rook and Knight up the contest was over.
    There was a quicker win here.

3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    07 Sep '13 14:09
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    You can never see the game display in the original first post preview.
    Test it by going into any other thread first.

Once White was a Rook and Knight up the contest was over.
    There was a quicker win here.

[pgn]
    [FEN "N3kb1r/4qp1p/1Q1p1np1/p1pPp3/4P1b1/4BNP1/PPP1BP1P/2KR3R w - - 0 19"]

19. Bb5+ Nd7 {This or Bd7 it makes no difference.} 20. Nc7+ Kd8 21. Ne6+ {Double Check.} 21... Ke8 22. Qb8+ Qd8 23. Qxd8[/pgn]
    Thanks greenpawn! My first post included the pgn text just in case, but when I posted I saw it was there so went back and edited the original post.

Anyway, it's working fine and thanks for the help! I don't do these pgn posts enough!
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 05:291 edit
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I would be interested in seeing what some of you think about this game.
    We were fairly evenly matched as far as ratings go and had both played several good games against each other, but I think black had a really bad day here.
    I'm sure I made bad moves as well, but black failed to capitalize on them, while I somehow managed to be in the right place and ...[text shortened]... 26. Qd6c6 f6 27. d6 Be7f8 28. Qc6c8 Ke8f7 29. Be2c4 Bg4e6 30. Qc8xd7 Bf8e7 31. Bc4xe6 1-0[/pgn]
    Yeah, it was a pretty dismal game for black. He allowed his N to get kicked around early on and moved it to a bad square (b4). Then he missed a one-move threat to win it. But the worst part was on move 12 - he should have developed the kingside and castled instead of moving a piece that had already moved twice.

2...exd4 was a better way to handle the opening.
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 14:54
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Yeah, it was a pretty dismal game for black. He allowed his N to get kicked around early on and moved it to a bad square (b4). Then he missed a one-move threat to win it. But the worst part was on move 12 - he should have developed the kingside and castled instead of moving a piece that had already moved twice.

Thanks for taking a look SG! It was definitely a strange game!
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 01:03
    Originally posted by SwissGambit

Yes, 2...exd4 seems to be the obvious move. It leads to the Center Game, the Danish Gambit, or the Scotch Game.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree