1. e4
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 23:493 edits
    The opening was The Marshall Gambit (declined).

White has just played 4.e4 Anand took the e-pawn Carlsen took it back with the Knight.
    Black played 5…Bb5+

and White pulled the Knight back to c3..

The gambit line is 6.Bd2 offering Black two pawns to misplace Black’s Queen.

Redmike - Rotti RHP.2009 Gives an idea of how it goes.

Another to get the flavour..

DigitGus - cactinz RHP 2004

An instructive moment in the ending was here.

Here Carlsen played 54 Rh7 stopping the Black King from reaching a8 and setting up stalemate chances.

Of course at that height such things will not be allowed to happen but
    on here we walk into such pitfalls all the time.

Let us kick Anand and Carlsen off the bottom and bring in two RHP players.
    It could go something like this.

There are dozens of stalemates on RHP like the one above in all four corners of the board.

Vuki - tibicioc RHP 2009

This one is good. A bit of panache from Marko Krale.

Marko Krale - AbleHeart Too RHP 2011

2. Joined
    11 Mar '13
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 04:20
    Hello!

Thank you guys, this is a very interesting thread.

I play the Slav with black most of the time and what I have learned is that black must fight for the control of the e4 square. From my point of view 3. ...c6 was a mistake, he should have played Nf6 to keep on fighting for the center.

I would have liked to see what Carlsen could have played against the Botvinnik System or the Meran Variation of the semi-slav.

If he had chosen to avoid those systems probably Anand could have got a a draw.

I am curious to know why Anand didn't just play 1....e5 or 1...c5 instead of transposing to a inferior variation.

Thank you for your time.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 04:33
    Originally posted by radicalcpp
    Hello!

Thank you guys, this is a very interesting thread.

I play the Slav with black most of the time and what I have learned is that black must fight for the control of the e4 square. From my point of view 3. ...c6 was a mistake, he should have played Nf6 to keep on fighting for the center.

I would have liked to see what Carlsen could have pla ...[text shortened]... ay 1....e5 or 1...c5 instead of transposing to a inferior variation.

Thank you for your time.
    My question, is it really a lost end game? Would a high class engine show a forced win for Magnus?
  4. Joined
    04 Nov '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 09:31
    Even low class engines are pretty perfect these days.
    I dipped in to this game a few days late again. I was sure it was a nimzo indian.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree