And then there were 3 (2400+)

And then there were 3 (2400+)

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Dec 12

The top field has narrowed a bit.

t

Moves
13 Dec 12
2 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
The top field has narrowed a bit.
What about all the low rated players, elo1800 elo2000 I would love to be that elo! And if i decided to cheat, Thats the points i'd be looking for, So i'll stay under the radar, How many of you 18000, 2000elo cheat? I have my suspicions on who cheats with that elo. I dont think you do but i have my suspicions about some of you.

rc

Moves
13 Dec 12

Originally posted by tim88
What about all the low rated players, elo1800 elo2000 I would love to be that elo! And if i decided to cheat, Thats the points i'd be looking for, So i'll stay under the radar, How many of you 18000, 2000elo cheat? I have my suspicions on who cheats with that elo. I dont think you do but i have my suspicions about some of you.
do you analyze your own games tim88? especially your defeats?

t

Moves
13 Dec 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
After the game do you mean? No i don't. Why?

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
13 Dec 12

Because it's apparently one of the best ways to improve your game. I don't have time to play my moves let alone analyse my games afterwards. GP summed up my playing behaviour rather succinctly when looking at one of my blunders in his blog. "the dangers of playing many games at once and very possibly choosing all the moves in all the games in one sitting. That is asking for trouble.". Whilst I would be happy if my rating went up a little I'm not sure I can be bothered. Who's to impress ? The only danger is if you stop enjoying the games.

rc

Moves
13 Dec 12
3 edits

yes after the game, why?, because its the single most important way to improve, for if
we do not identify our mistakes, as creatures of habit, how can we ever hope to
eradicate them, for chess, is above all, a game of error. I provide seven questions
Timmy, its not some kind of egotistical knowledge trip but try to answer them to the
best of your ability for this process of questioning our opponents moves and our own
moves is absolutely paramount, send the answers to me privately if you like.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Dec 12

yes after the game, why?, because its the single most important way to improve, for if
eradicate them, for chess, is above all, a game of error. I provide seven questions
Timmy, its not some kind of egotistical knowledge trip but try to answer them to the
best of ...[text shortened]... # {7. what conclusions can we draw as to why black lost this game?} 1-0[/pgn]
Good lessons Robbie.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Dec 12

Originally posted by thaughbaer
Because it's apparently one of the best ways to improve your game. I don't have time to play my moves let alone analyse my games afterwards. GP summed up my playing behaviour rather succinctly when looking at one of my blunders in his blog. "the dangers of playing many games at once and very possibly choosing all the moves in all the games in one sitting. ...[text shortened]... e I can be bothered. Who's to impress ? The only danger is if you stop enjoying the games.
So you only play chess because you enjoy making moves and don't really care if they are good moves or not? That sounds rather weird to me. Okay, see if you can break the record for the most games in progress. I know it is over 600, because I saw someone with about 650 (can't remember the exact number). I would try for at least 700 if I were you. 😏

t

Moves
13 Dec 12

I tend to try and pick games where I couldn't figure out what to do. These tend to be losses but some end up wins whereas some losses I already know exactly where I went wrong.

I also find tactical improvement looking for quicker, cleaner finishes to won games since the enjoyment over the won game allows, at least for me, easier concentration.

Moves
14 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
So you only play chess because you enjoy making moves and don't really care if they are good moves or not? That sounds rather weird to me. Okay, see if you can break the record for the most games in progress. I know it is over 600, because I saw someone with about 650 (can't remember the exact number). I would try for at least 700 if I were you. 😏
Currently there is someone with 1,300 games in progress.

a
Frustrate the Bad

Liverpool

Moves
14 Dec 12

Originally posted by tonytiger41
Currently there is someone with 1,300 games in progress.
User 642095 This clown for example - against whom I currently find myself with four games

p

under your bed

Moves
14 Dec 12

whats the point in analysing if your not good enough to know what your analysing?

Better off smashing out 50 tactical puzzles a day..

t

Moves
14 Dec 12

best of ...[text shortened]... # {7. what conclusions can we draw as to why black lost this game?} 1-0[/pgn]
i'll have a look over the next couple of day and get back to you!

rc

Moves
14 Dec 12

Originally posted by plopzilla
whats the point in analysing if your not good enough to know what your analysing?

Better off smashing out 50 tactical puzzles a day..
no i disagree, solving tactical puzzles helps your visualization and your ability to
calculate accurately, chess is much more than mere calculation, its the ability to
accurately evaluate any position. all the beginner needs to do is go over their games
and reach a point where they thought they made a mistake, it may be a critical position
it may not and then they should try to find alternatives, if they cannot, then its clear
that either they cannot recognize that its a mistake or it really wasn't a serious
mistake, either way, they are learning to look for alternatives and to be critical of their
own moves.

rc

Moves
14 Dec 12

i'll have a look over the next couple of day and get back to you!
sure but don't be worried if you cannot find the answers or you are unsure, the point is
to develop constructive criticism.